Loose Steltek when starting Righteous Fire

Darth Roel

Spaceman
Hi,

I'm about to start play RF for the billionth time, this time I thought it might be fun to start off where I left off with Privateer. The only thing that bugs me is that I still have the steltek gun and the alien artifact. Is there any way to get rid of those?

In the game itself ? No.

HOWEVER, you can download a saved-game editor
from this site and modify your ship that way. In fact,
if you like you can modify your ship to carry FOUR steltek
guns, just to see what happens!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

When starting RF, if you choose a previous ship from your saved games in Privateer, the game should automatically remove the Steltek gun (due to the Retros stealing it) as well as the artifact. Using the save game editor and loading up 4 Steltek guns, you will see the green ball of gun fire, hear the sound effect, but the guns will have next to zero damage potential. This is coded in the game. Ive tried everything possible next to hacking the PRSO.TRE file to make that gun slot available. None of the Steltek green guns from Privateer will work in RF, although they are there, show up on your ship in the repair/upgrade room, they simply do not have any punch to them at all! A laser has more power than they do in RF! If youre having trouble getting thru RF, you can go to my website http://www.rfburns.net/gfiles.htm and grab my CENTSE.zip file, which contains 3 save game files, 2 for Privateer and 1 for RF. They are modified a bit to give you extra shield and engine power. One save game for Privateer, has the 6 Steltek guns with level 5 engines and level 4 shields, so you can see how rediculously powerfull that gun is! I dont recomend playing thru the game with these files, they are to show the serious fault in the Fusion cannons comparing power drain and damage points vs one level 1 Steltek gun. There is a doc file explaining my findings. Enjoy!

RFB

I'm not quite sure if he means that. He said "I thought it might be fun to start off where I left off with Privateer." So you haven't finished Privateer yet, Darth Roel?

Perhaps he was wanting a tip for how to get rid of the alien drone? Go to Perry Naval Base, there's someone to talk to about that if I remember correctly. You're very close to finishing Privateer. Then you can start Righteous Fire properly. (note you don't HAVE to do things in this order, but it just seems 'right')

Man, it's been a while, now I've got to play it again!

Originally posted by Backslash
I'm not quite sure if he means that. He said "I thought it might be fun to start off where I left off with Privateer." So you haven't finished Privateer yet, Darth Roel?

Perhaps he was wanting a tip for how to get rid of the alien drone? Go to Perry Naval Base, there's someone to talk to about that if I remember correctly. You're very close to finishing Privateer. Then you can start Righteous Fire properly. (note you don't HAVE to do things in this order, but it just seems 'right')

Man, it's been a while, now I've got to play it again!

Hehehe! I play it as often as I can! As to getting rid of the drone, he needs to go to Perry Naval base and get that mission from the good Admiral, then run into the Steltek guy who will boost that gun to a level 2 Steltek gun, which the level 1 gun does nothing to it! I remember the first time going thru the game, getting that gun, thinking I was billy bad ass, then running into that drone, which scared the pants off me, and throwing everything I had at that thing, including only fireing the Steltek gun I just got from the ancient base, no effect, then....BOOM! Load last saved game! :)

RFB

Back