Looking for volunteers for a WCTO test game

Perhaps Quailpilot doesn't realize he's taken over Koractu 2?

May I propose that should he not reply by the end of today, we simply have Koractu 1 attempt a torpedo lock on Beowulf, and send Quailpilot a reminder email? I really can't see his orders doing anything else this turn anyway...

He's aware that he's piloting Koractu 2 now - in fact, he has already sent me his movement orders early. He just hasn't replied to my last email yet. I guess Koractu 2 will lock on TCS Beowulf.

Edit: I've uploaded turn 2's End Phase. Note that I removed the missile marker from the map and instead put an "Incoming" tag on the respective Ship Stats screen. I'll only display FF missiles and torpedoes remaining after a turn's end phase on the map. (It's getting a bit crowded otherwise.)

My compliments to my flight deck team. They've kept those guns in top shape.

But last I checked, I had ordered a DF fire, not an FF fire... So first, you credited my DF to TAngo 3, second you then treat it as a FF in the 'End Turn' phase... oh and I've lost *no* missiles on the ship-stat screen... not an FF or a DF.

Also, Koractu 1 is still showing full health on ship screen. I've refreshed a few times (and yes, I'm looking in the right spot now)

My compliments to my flight deck team. They've kept those guns in top shape.

But last I checked, I had ordered a DF fire, not an FF fire... So first, you credited my DF to TAngo 3, second you then treat it as a FF in the 'End Turn' phase...

Also, Koractu 1 is still showing full health on ship screen. I've refreshed a few times (and yes, I'm looking in the right spot now)

Avacar, I think the FF missile in question is the one you launched in turn 1. However, you're right, your DF missile is still missing.

Ironduke,

Just some things that I saw on the ship stats page.

1. Karactu 1 should have 54 damage inflicted (be down to 30 hull).

2. Karactu 1 does not have an incoming note for the two DFs (may not be needed due to being DF missiles)

3. The missile count on Karactu 1, Tango 1, and Tango 2, need to be updated.

Again, thanks for hosting this!

Sorry, I forgot to upload the updated html file referring to the new Ship Stats screens. It should work now, although I'll check the DF thing once more.

Edit: Okay, I spotted my mistake. Changing it right now... :)

Edit x2: Everything should work now. And yes, "Tango 2's FF missile" mentioned in turn 2's end phase is actually the same FF from turn 1.

Sorry, I forgot to upload the updated html file referring to the new Ship Stats screens. It should work now, although I'll check the DF thing once more.

Edit: Okay, I spotted my mistake. Changing it right now... :)

Edit x2: Everything should work now. And yes, "Tango 2's FF missile" mentioned in turn 2's end phase is actually the same FF from turn 1.

Thanks Ironduke! I really appreciate how much time you're putting into this.

Edit: Err...Avacar, you only fired on DF so far, right? Your launchers seem to be empty.

I made it more clear in turn 2's Combat Phase that Koractu 2 is starting to lock a torpedo on the Beowulf. He can fire the torp in turn 4's Combat Phase (upon reaching "3/3"), assuming he stays on target.

Go multi-directional chaff!

Definitely nine lives for the cats! I think this once again proves why we need to have chaff work in rear arc only, with reduced effectiveness in the side arc.

I was also thinking (and yes this did come up based on our double-DF shot being blocked by chaff, but I swear I'm not bitter and I believe it is an unbiased, offered purely as a constructive idea) my argument for the side-chaff arc 'reduction' is that since the chaff is released behind you, from a distance a guided missile could still see 2 targets, and might average them, or get confused completely and go for the second etc. That said, I don't think a DF would notice the extra chaff. Whereas a DF coming from behind has to pass through a chaff field, and therefore it acts like flak, from the side, the chaff is out of the way. So for those 'reduced' side arc effectiveness, might I suggest no effectiveness against DFs?

A good counter arguement is that currently, the chaff rules don't distinguish at all between missile types. Limiting it to rear-arc only lets us maintain this certainly... argueable keeping the rules simple is also an objective, so simply going back to my first idea (standard in rear arc, reduced effectiveness in side, but applicable to all missiles) might be easier.

Thoughts?

(Open Channel)
Koractu 1, who makes your chaff and where can we steal it? Oh right, it's your FUR 'cause you're shedding in FEAR!

I agree that Chaff Pods shoud not help against DF missiles except from behind/maybe the sides. But I would not nerf chaff pods any more because missiles would become too powerful and, especially since the Terran Crafts have superior missile loadouts, would provide an unfair advantage.

Even now (and I, too, think this is no embitterment but rather objective) the Kilrathi ships just suck, they really really suck. Of course, they suck in the WC game as well but by taking the in game stats instead of the manual stats, the Kilrathi ships suck even more (with small exceptions) whereas the Terran ships (or at least the Rapier) gets even better stats than in the manual.
You have either to balance the ships against each other, regardless of what the game stats say or you have to make the Kilrathi ships dirt cheap points wise so that the Confederation ships are definately outnumbered at least 2 to 1.

I agree that Chaff Pods shoud not help against DF missiles except from behind/maybe the sides. But I would not nerf chaff pods any more because missiles would become too powerful and, especially since the Terran Crafts have superior missile loadouts, would provide an unfair advantage.

Even now (and I, too, think this is no embitterment but rather objective) the Kilrathi ships just suck, they really really suck. Of course, they suck in the WC game as well but by taking the in game stats instead of the manual stats, the Kilrathi ships suck even more (with small exceptions) whereas the Terran ships (or at least the Rapier) gets even better stats than in the manual.
You have either to balance the ships against each other, regardless of what the game stats say or you have to make the Kilrathi ships dirt cheap points wise so that the Confederation ships are definately outnumbered at least 2 to 1.

I agree with both points, but I think the reason the Grikath costs so much is that it has the capability to kill capital ships. So effectively you're paying for the six torpedoes in your attack group, and we don't have that constraint. If we were playing a larger engagement I think this would be more apparent, because we'd be paying for bombers too. However that may be the 20 points for you versus 12 for us. I'd say Rapiers are worth 5.

But the Grikath is not the only problem, in fact, I think it's one of the better ships. But the Sartha, Drakhri and the Jalkehi, they just suck when compared to their Terran equivalents.

Personally, I like the idea of chaff pods working as usual in the rear arc, but with reduced effectiveness (and zero effectiveness on DFs) in the side arcs.

As for rolling a natural 6 against DF missiles on their chaff rolls thrice... Let's just say I'm surprised how much luck the Kilrathi have. Maybe the higher gods of die rolls want to compensate for their inferior ships - it's truly against all odds. ;)

Don't bother yourself too much with the point costs as they are right now - I've noticed a while ago that they're not working out. (Just look at the point cost of capships, most of which can be destroyed with a single torpedo hit...) I know I have to rebalance them, I just postponed it.
I'm probably going to exclude missile payloads from the point cost value, as well. (E.g., a Rapier II could cost 18 points, while its standard missile layout costs 4 extra points. Of course, I'm just making up random numbers now.)

hey sorry, I had a forced sabbatical from my computer. Just dropping by saying that I do exist, but will catch up on the game at a better time

Back