Looking for volunteers for a WCTO test game

Both? I thought only Tango 3's FF was still active?
Er, yes, you're right! Sorry, my weekend was quite exhausting... :p

The markers don't have to be to scale; something large like the flak could do... or maybe list them at the bottom?
I'll go back to thinking about this problem. I guess I'll come up with something next turn.

edit: ironduke, you forgot to take one of my chaff pods away.
Darn it... Actually, I didn't forget to take it away - I just forgot to upload the new file. :rolleyes: :p

FYI: QuailPilot sent me his turn, I just don't have the time right now to take care of it. I'll probably catch up within 8 hours. Sorry for the delay!

Made it... ;)

"Ambush at Gwynedd" keeps 'em coming! :p
Again a surprise: It looks like QuailPilot's good luck charm failed all of a sudden. What happened? Vorshaki 2 tried to perform an Immelman turn (the Drakhri has a Turn Rate of 2, so this maneuver has a Target Roll of 9+). Unfortunately, the maneuver failed, so Vorshaki 2 kept his speed, but did a 1-point turn to the right instead. Right into TCS Beowulf's Flak fire...
Misfortune number 2: The Flak fire actually hit. 10 points of damage to Vorshaki 2 (with 3 shield points and 6 hull points). To sum it up: You survived four missile attacks only to head straight into Flak fire and die. It seems Sivar's humor is of the ironic type... :rolleyes:

Ironduke: Tango 2 should be one square to the right. I only turned 1 this turn, so my movement of 3 shouldn't have been reduced to 2.

(to Koractu 1)

I fart in your general direction!

(ok there's not much else I can do to him from this position)

Ironduke: Tango 2 should be one square to the right. I only turned 1 this turn, so my movement of 3 shouldn't have been reduced to 2.
Sorry, my bad! You're absolutely right.

Concerning Flak fire: I removed both Flak markers after turn 2's Movement Phase was through.

Oh, and while we're at it: I made another mistake regarding the FF chasing Vorshaki 1. It doesn't chase Vorshaki 1 - instead, it'll just "sit" on Vorshaki 2's last position (where he evaded the missile) until End Phase. THEN it'll lock on the nearest fighter. Which would be Koractu 1 right now...

Sorry, my bad! You're absolutely right.

Concerning Flak fire: I removed both Flak markers after turn 2's Movement Phase was through.

Oh, and while we're at it: I made another mistake regarding the FF chasing Vorshaki 1. It doesn't chase Vorshaki 1 - instead, it'll just "sit" on Vorshaki 2's last position (where he evaded the missile) until End Phase. THEN it'll lock on the nearest fighter. Which would be Koractu 1 right now...

Excellent, that was how I thought it should work on both accounts. Also, shouldn't the flak stay until the end of this turn's End of turn phase? While unapplicable in this game, if during the End-of-Turn phase a torp or missile had to pass through a flak field, or if we had to take evasive action through a flak field.... well that would still matter, right?

Issueing orders now.

(Open Channel)
Koractu 1, I hope you really do have nine lives, 'cause I've got five volleys of small gun fire and a nice large slug coming right down your throat!

Oh well. This is what I've got a rear turret for...

1. Do missiles have a turn number? I don't see anything about it in the manual, but if the Pilum is facing away from me, I'd think it'd have to burn SOME movement and fuel to come back around on me.

2. Is there a chance of me tailing Tango 1 or Beowulf?

Looks to me like you could tail Tango 1... if you survive! Does tailing gets declared in the end-of-turn phase?

I'd be really surprised if the Beowulf slowed down or turned.... but I don't personally know the commanding officer, but (s)he might always decide to try and hit you with the anti-matter guns instead of the perfectly good flak cannons!

Looks to me like you could tail Tango 1... if you survive! Does tailing gets declared in the end-of-turn phase?

It does, per the rulebook.

If I could be tailing Tango 1, I might even let Beowulf live another turn to get me a shot at a fighter. 3 NGs will do a nice number on a Rapier, even if I only hit once of my two volleys...

I'd be really surprised if the Beowulf slowed down or turned.... but I don't personally know the commanding officer, but (s)he might always decide to try and hit you with the anti-matter guns instead of the perfectly good flak cannons![/QUOTE]

AMG's can't target fighters. Which is ironic, because in Wing Commander 2 it seems like the AMG's fire homing projectiles at you.

Pip, if you survive the pummeling my wingmen are about to give you, you're welcome to join me on a wild goosechase around the map!

Everyone take note...I was the first person to die ever in the online games

So who gets the kill credit? The Beowulf gunners? Or do you also get credit for scoring the first kill as well as the first death? That was a pretty awesome way to go out by the way. I'm visualizing you trying to flip around to get out of the firefight, losing control of the fighter and flying smack into a flak burst.

AMG's can't target fighters. Which is ironic, because in Wing Commander 2 it seems like the AMG's fire homing projectiles at you.
Guns firing homing projectiles in WC2? I never noticed. Are you sure? Because, frankly, it does sound a bit weird to me... :)

The purple bullseye medal - he he, love that! If I was a little more talented when it comes to designing medals (and graphics in general), I'd certainly do it. :p

Oh, and it's chalk one up for TCS Beowulf's gunners, by the way. ;)

Guns firing homing projectiles in WC2? I never noticed. Are you sure? Because, frankly, it does sound a bit weird to me... :)

The purple bullseye medal - he he, love that! If I was a little more talented when it comes to designing medals (and graphics in general), I'd certainly do it. :p

Oh, and it's chalk one up for TCS Beowulf's gunners, by the way. ;)

I'm kidding. I just meant that AMG's had a disturbing tendency to hit me at exactly the wrong time.

Back