Looking for volunteers for a WCTO test game

I'm look at the ship stats again, and the only problem I see now is that Tango 1 is not missing any shield health. All the other stats look correct.

edit: Never mind, I'm reading the large yellow number in the blue shield symbol, not the small green number.

I made sure to hit F5 and, while I see the fired missiles gone and afterburner fuel has been used, there is no change in the damage to shields/hull.

edit: Never mind, I'm reading the large yellow number in the blue shield symbol, not the small green number.
Just a guess, but snip63: Could it be the same problem in your case? ;) Shield/hull rating should be 18/28 for Tango 1 and 0/11 for Vorshaki 2. The four numbers in the upper right corner are just general Target Roll, max shield strength, point cost value and max hull points. (So they're not updated during the course of the game.)

As for the torpedo firing arc: Yes, I favor the 60° arc (equal to the opportunity fire arc) myself. Not too wide, but not too limited either.
I also like Avacar's suggestion concerning chaff pods and side arcs, although I'm afraid this would make the basic rules pretty complicated. You'd have to take each missile's exact flight path into consideration... Maybe it's more appropriate as an optional or advanced rule. Hm...
And Avacar, you got the afterburner point right. ;) (Concerning the rule change. Being the game host, I - of course - would never go so far as to call QuailPilot or anyone else a coward. :p)

Well, missile approach *does* matter to some extent, though, doesn't it? And it isn't that complicated to work out, rules wise. Looking at Tango 2, The bomber would fall into my left firing arc, if I had one. This means that defending from a missile in this arc suffers a side penalty.

Let's say we're resolving an FF that's kicking around for a turn. Then after the movement phase, if the straight-line approach (rather if the fastest valid-movement approach for an FF to its new target) causes it to arrive in the 'side arc' firing, then the chaff suffers from the penalty. Rear arc, full benefit, and front arc-- well chaff is useless.

And yeah, I could see it being an 'advanced' rule, leaving just rear-arc chaffs in basic. But who every plays just basic rules?

I double checked, including clearing my cache, etc. It all looked the same as I described before. I made sure that I was looking at the right stats, too. However, I finally noticed that, apparently, I am targeting Koractu 2.

I strongly favour the 60°arc for torpedoes and the 8+ (maybe even more) for downing missiles per flak. Torpedoes were shot down by enemy flak in WC 2 only when fire from far away.

I also support giving chaff pod rear and side arc protection even without a penalty for side protection.

Missile and torpedo lock have to be more clear. And AB movement should be taken into account when modifying the target roll.

I double checked, including clearing my cache, etc. It all looked the same as I described before. I made sure that I was looking at the right stats, too.
That's strange... If you're still encountering this problem after we're through with turn 1's end phase, you could take a screenshot and mail it to me. Although I have to admit I'm pretty much out of ideas here. :confused:

However, I finally noticed that, apparently, I am targeting Koractu 2.
True. It was an NPC decision I made, prior to you assuming control over Tango 3. ;) You can change it whenever you like.

I also support giving chaff pod rear and side arc protection even without a penalty for side protection.

(...) And AB movement should be taken into account when modifying the target roll.
I'm with you on most points. I'll leave the above "chaff side-arc penalty" and afterburner speed affecting Target Rolls open for further discussion. (I already started revising part of the 0.13 manual, but I probably won't publish it until the "Ambush at Gwynedd" scenario has ended.)

That's strange... If you're still encountering this problem after we're through with turn 1's end phase, you could take a screenshot and mail it to me. Although I have to admit I'm pretty much out of ideas here. :confused:

Alright, got it to work. Thanks for the help (cleared cache again and it worked).

(Open Channel)
Look at that coward in Vorshaki 2! He hesitates! He's going to afterburner out of here and bail!

(Open Channel)

How amusing... the human thinks I'm running away. He must be covering up his own cowardice.

You can not defeat the Drakhri!

{Ok seriously, why the hell do you think I was going to afterburn out of the fight because I haven't check this or my email in a day? I'll just get to fly the bomber if I jet out or get destroyed.}

(Open Channel)

How amusing... the human thinks I'm running away. He must be covering up his own cowardice.

You can not defeat the Drakhri!

{Ok seriously, why the hell do you think I was going to afterburn out of the fight because I haven't check this or my email in a day? I'll just get to fly the bomber if I jet out or get destroyed.}

{Hey, no hard feelings, taunting is a big part of WC - we're just roleplaying}

I know it is, but you usual taunt them about running away when they actually are not because the GM said if I did an evade I'll be off the map

I think the point was to goad you into sending your orders in so that we could go to the next turn. We're grad students, so it's sometimes hard for us to remember that some people don't check their email every half hour. Anyway, whether you die or not, you're still in.....so we're expecting you to taunt us back!

Relax, ladies and gentlekittens! ;)
Besides, the impatient Terrans are surely just overcompensating their fear of the mighty Kilrathi strike force with their unworthy comments. :p

Anyway, turn 1's End Phase is online, and I can't believe what just happened... Better see for yourself!

Relax, ladies and gentlekittens! ;)
Besides, the impatient Terrans are surely just overcompensating their fear of the mighty Kilrathi strike force with their unworthy comments. :p

Anyway, turn 1's End Phase is online, and I can't believe what just happened... Better see for yourself!

(open channel)
Hey, look everybody, Kat with no tail!

Maybe it is true -- Kats DO have nine lives!

So this is the end phase -- should we be submitting orders for move phase turn 2?

Hey Ironduke, any chance you have some sort of nifty-looking FF icon you can put on the board to remind us Tango 3 still has a hot one? Also Tango 3's FF lock on Vorshaki 1 is a bit tentative, right? If Vorshaki 1 clears the area somehow, it could lock on someone else right? Tango 1 if he's too close and does get hull damage; Vorshaki 2 or Koractu 1?

Quailpilot - don't take insults personally; of course you'd still be in the game if your Vorshaki 2 pilot had run away... I mean ....

(Open Channel)
Hey Tango Lead, if we kick him, do you think he'll still land on his feet without a tail?

Hey Ironduke, any chance you have some sort of nifty-looking FF icon you can put on the board to remind us Tango 3 still has a hot one?

Quailpilot - don't take insults personally; of course you'd still be in the game if your Vorshaki 2 pilot had run away... I mean ....

(Open Channel)
Hey Tango Lead, if we kick him, do you think he'll still land on his feet without a tail?

(Open Channel)
Beats me, Tango 2, but there's only one way to find out!

Maybe it is true -- Kats DO have nine lives!

So this is the end phase -- should we be submitting orders for move phase turn 2?
Yes to both! :p

Hey Ironduke, any chance you have some sort of nifty-looking FF icon you can put on the board to remind us Tango 3 still has a hot one? Also Tango 3's FF lock on Vorshaki 1 is a bit tentative, right? If Vorshaki 1 clears the area somehow, it could lock on someone else right? Tango 1 if he's too close and does get hull damage; Vorshaki 2 or Koractu 1?
Nifty-looking? Nah... I tried to use missile markers with the game map, but they turned out to be way too small to be discernible. I could maybe use a missile icon on the Ship Stats screen, if that would help you...?

Both FF missiles launched in turn 1 will detonate at the end of turn 2 (to be exact: after turn 2's End Phase), whether they hit a target or not.

Both? I thought only Tango 3's FF was still active?

The markers don't have to be to scale; something large like the flak could do... or maybe list them at the bottom? I'm just concerned that with larger scenarios with more missiles (or missiles not all in the same place) it would be easy to forget that X ship is also sitting on a still-active FF, or yes, I still have that IR on my tail. Listing on the ship pages might help, but the location of the missiles is important too!

Even just a HUD 'FF' or 'IR' on the squares where they are active, in some colour that's obvious, like red?

Personally, I think it will add to clarify, but if I'm the only one thinking this way, then don't worry about it.

edit: ironduke, you forgot to take one of my chaff pods away.

Back