Looking for volunteers for a WCTO test game

I don't take advice from furless freaks! ;)

(Seriously though, I think I'd prefer email communications to PM since I am not logged into the CIC every day)

Well, we can trade e-mails and then launch our brutal and crushing attack.

Depending on how things go, might I suggest a post-game wrap-up discussion?

(over an open comm channel)
Hey Tango 1, it looks like they're hesitating. And here I thought kittens, at least, had quick reflexes.

(over an open comm channel)
Roger Tango 2, it just so happens I've got a ball of yarn in the cockpit here....

"Ambush at Gwynedd" will definitely see its first shoot-out in the first turn. Amazing! :D (No, it's not online yet.)
Pip's successfully performed Shelton Slide in Game 003 made things interesting, as well. I'm eager to see how things will go from here! ;)

Ironduke,

Could you put something on the turn page (the one with the map) to call out which player is which ship? Maybe down at the bottom where you have the christmas tree list (red and green names), you can include the call sign number (parenthetically) next to each person's name?

Could you put something on the turn page (the one with the map) to call out which player is which ship?
I could just replace the ordinary designations with the "callsigns", but then we'd ultimately have a mix of "Foxtrot 1", "teh-l33t-killAh-666", "Foxtrot 3"... you get the idea. :p
You can see the player names when you check the Ship Stats screen, though. (I.e. "Tango 1 <Panda>".)
What do the others think?

Maybe down at the bottom where you have the christmas tree list (red and green names), you can include the call sign number (parenthetically) next to each person's name?
:D:D:D

I could just replace the ordinary designations with the "callsigns", but then we'd ultimately have a mix of "Foxtrot 1", "teh-l33t-killAh-666", "Foxtrot 3"... you get the idea. :p
You can see the player names when you check the Ship Stats screen, though. (I.e. "Tango 1 <Panda>".)
What do the others think?

:D:D:D

Ironduke, I like the current system. This way we get an overview of the battlefield with squadron names, which has a more WC-like feel. Then if we want to know who is actually flying, we look at the ship lists. That way it feels more like we're part of a real battle and less like, well, a game.

"Ambush at Gwynedd", Turn 1: Holy macaroni, will you look at that!
Lots of opportunities to beat the crap out of each other... Let's see:
- Koractu 1 can fire a Fang FF at Tango 1 or Tango 2. (The dice decide...) Or he could start locking a torp on TCS Beowulf.
- Koractu 2 can fire a Fang FF at Tango 2.
- Tango 1 can fire his guns and a Dart DF or Pilum FF at Vorshaki 2.
- Tango 2 may launch a Pilum FF at Vorshaki 2.
- Tango 3, too, can fire a Pilum FF at Vorshaki 2. (Poor QuailPilot...!)
- Vorshaki 2 can seek revenge by firing his guns and a Dart DF as well.
- Vorshaki 1 may fire his guns once (no refires) at Tango 1 (opportunity fire rule).
- Of course, TCS Beowulf will deal some Flak fire love for turn 2... ;)

Edit: Oh, and since the topic arised: Yes, if you fire a Pilum/Fang missile and one of your fellow pilots takes damage to his hull during Combat Phase, your FF missile will gladly lock onto him in the turn's End Phase if he's the nearest target. I know that's nasty, but hey... You all know what "FF" stands for, right? ;)

I think that's it for now... Fire away, guys! And remember, kids: Don't try this at home! :p

Hmm, couldn't Koractu 1 lock onto the destroyer with a torpedo? It's in the firing arc and range...

Anyway: good luck Vorshaki 2! Firing lasers...

While I am very well aware that the Terrans do not stand any chance against us, I think you shame them by trying to help them in such an obvious way. :p

Back