Looking for volunteers for a WCTO test game

Mea culpa! Turn 6 in Kavok and Pip's game was wrong, and it was my fault. Shame on me! I've uploaded the updated turn, which gives Pip a chance to shoot Kavok to shreds. (Well, maybe not, as his Target Roll is 9+ to hit Kavok's Sartha.)

floundericiousMI: If you don't want to wait, maybe you can persuade Kavok or Pip to challenge you in the meantime. Or you could do a "three-for-all." :p If you want to wait for Mekt, however, that's fine with me.

Excellent! This incident will provide me with a possibility to blame my almost impossible defeat on your incompetence! :p

And Kavok: I see the monkeyboy is going right for your masterful trap! :D Soon he'll eat neutron death!

So? It's finally getting interesting...and nothing happens anymore? I hope it's only vacations or other nice things that delay the update.

So? It's finally getting interesting...and nothing happens anymore? I hope it's only vacations or other nice things that delay the update.

Sadly, it was work for me, eating my souuuuul.

But now that the perils of August are over, and September nearly so, we're starting towards the quieter time and I have my brain back.

And now I shall finish the job my mass drivers have begun!

... to think that LaFong called Lt. Col. Blakely's hour-long dogfight with Dakhath was "an astounding length of time"!

No, I talked about how Ironduke admitted that he made a mistake. So, should I lose to you, I will simply blame Ironduke for making a mistake again :p.

Well, I read the rules and I think I understood them - except maybe moving: I always have to move half of my speed in my current direction before I can make any turn, yes?

Anyway, floundericiousMI: ready when you are.

Well, I read the rules and I think I understood them - except maybe moving: I always have to move half of my speed in my current direction before I can make any turn, yes?
Yes, that's perfectly right. ;) Assuming you want to accelerate from, say, speed 3 to speed 5 and turn to the left, you'd move 3 hexes in your current (old) direction, then execute the turn, then move the remaining 2 hexes in the new direction.

Anyway, floundericiousMI: ready when you are.
I'll host a new match as soon as I've heard from floundericiousMI.

Pip, you might even join the new game if you like (and if they let you :p)!

Hey, I'm more than happy to join in wherever and whenever asked... has anyone heard from Kavok lately?

I suppose I can be ready today..do you use the board PM interface or email?
I'd prefer email, since I'll have to send you additional rules from time to time. (But you can send me your email address via PM. :p)

I saw that Kavok posted to the forums yesterday, but he hasn't replied to my mail yet. I'll try again to reach him to see what's up, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I'll also set up your new match tomorrow. So you three want to battle it out in Sarthas, or would anyone prefer a Ferret?

I'd prefer email, since I'll have to send you additional rules from time to time. (But you can send me your email address via PM. :p)

I saw that Kavok posted to the forums yesterday, but he hasn't replied to my mail yet. I'll try again to reach him to see what's up, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I'll also set up your new match tomorrow. So you three want to battle it out in Sarthas, or would anyone prefer a Ferret?

You could give me a Rapier and give them sarthas :p :D

Well, point-wise, 2 Sarthas equal 1 Rapier. I wouldn't mind trying that, if Pip is willing to have me as his wingcat. 1 Rapier is probably superior to 2 Sarthas but, well, that's how WC works.

Yes, that's perfectly right. ;) Assuming you want to accelerate from, say, speed 3 to speed 5 and turn to the left, you'd move 3 hexes in your current (old) direction, then execute the turn, then move the remaining 2 hexes in the new direction.

(...)

Oookaay...but what if I don't want to accelerate? Then I had to move 2 hexes, turn and move 1 hex then?

Anyway, I PM you my email address. And Happy Reunification day! :)

Well, point-wise, 2 Sarthas equal 1 Rapier. I wouldn't mind trying that, if Pip is willing to have me as his wingcat. 1 Rapier is probably superior to 2 Sarthas but, well, that's how WC works.

Sure! I'll fly a Sartha. Where did I put the little furry ears...?

At first, I wanted to try the Rapier II vs. 2 Sarthas setup, but then I remembered the Rapier's missile loadout and decided it would be too complicated to begin with. I'd suggest to stick with Sarthas until you got the hang of it. (All right, Pip has an advantage there...) ;)

I've set up your match here (game 002). Good luck, and good hunting! :)

Back