Looking for Kilrathia Saga?

ARGH! I hate you! ;) You only ship to US!!!

And I know it's rare, but for me $150 is too much for a game... but hey, you'll find nut people who'll buy it for more than that, for sure!! :D

Originally posted by mpanty
And I know it's rare, but for me $150 is too much for a game... but hey, you'll find nut people who'll buy it for more than that, for sure!! :D

It's more than a game, a collectors item, a must have...

For it being so rare to find, $150.00 is not really a bad price, but I wouldnt pay anything much over that, specially since my add in the local paper got me KS for 25 bucks, complete with manuals and mint condition cd's. The add only had to run 2 days! Amazing what a little patience will yield ya! :D

RFBurns

If Origin/EA Rereleased Kilrathi Saga without anyting new at a "normal" game price, how many of use would buy it?
A lot of us, despite all KS was badly marketed, that was the reason that it did not sell a lot of copys.
I did not know about it and when I did, I never found a copy.

Originally posted by Dragon
If Origin/EA Rereleased Kilrathi Saga without anyting new at a "normal" game price, how many of use would buy it?
A lot of us, despite all KS was badly marketed, that was the reason that it did not sell a lot of copys.
I did not know about it and when I did, I never found a copy.

I think that it wouldnt matter to EA/OSI. If they decided to re-release all of the games and KS and Prophecy Gold, there would be quite alot of people purchasing it. But its an old debate on what EA/OSI would do. It amazes me that they have this Prophecy upgrade to Prophecy Gold offer (see CIC news). I agree about the lack of marketing for KS being the reasons they never did turn much sales on that item. I think the only thing I saw was some short promo film on the Prophecy CD. And the package of Prophecy had a brochure on some of EA's games including KS. What also puzzles me is that you can find classic movies on DVD, usually done by another company licensed from the original producers and distributors to re-market the films. Yet there is nothing in the way of WC games. Again its an old debate. One I have given up on. Other than the Prophecy upgrade offer from EA Direct, I dont think that they intend to re-release anything of WC at all.

Another thing to think about, WC 3-5 involved heavy movie production. They took on the likes of what Hollywood does on a regular basis, and Hollywood has funding and resources out da kazoo. Game makers do not. Dispite how big UO got or how much profit they are making, the fact that they made movies, sets, paid actors, cameramen, gaffers, makeup artists, construction crews, production crews, development, digital conversion, script revisions,etc is no wonder EA/OSI is taking a very distant view on any new WC game. We all have become acustomed to expecting the movies in any WC game. WC-3 started all that. And we expect the movies in future WC games. Im shure that these reasons at least are a part of why EA/OSI has yet to come out with another WC game. Too much costs to cover.

RFBurns

BURNS: The expense that you talk of primarily comes from set costs, which could be removed if EA/OSI just used green screens like in Wc3. Also rereleasing WCKS, would get them money, or even making people pay 10 bucks to be able to download the KS version WCII/WCI off of their website

Yep, but paying big time actors also comes into play as well when you add it all up. Im shure Mark Hammell didnt do 3 WC pieces for chicken feed! Then theres P2 with its actors. Plus the directors assistants etc. Just take a look at behind the scenes videos on movies made. All those people behind the camera, and yes the extra stand ins in the shots have to be paid. Maybe if EA/OSI charged a bit more than 60 bucks for those games they may have had a chance to do a good profit margin. Plus promotion also adds to the expense. If they had the money, they could have ran TV and radio adds for these games, but didnt. Every movie that gets plastered on the big silver screen gets heavy promotion thru TV and Radio and print. Big billboards, posters, etc. That didnt happen with any WC game. So just to say that it was the sets is narrow thinking, takes more than just sets to make a movie.

RFBurns

Originally posted by iCe
Originally posted by mpanty

It's more than a game, a collectors item, a must have...

Exactly, a collectors item! Perhaps also the only chance for some people to play the old Wing Commanders, but hell!
$150 is still too much for me... :(

Actually, Wing Commander IV had a TV commercial (and a big-screen trailer)... and Privateer 2 had a radio commercial. I think you can download them both at the CIC files section.

What exactly does it mean by "The discs come in the jewel cases with Limited Special case backs for the discs" -- *all* (both pritings) of KS had those 'special' case backs. :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
What exactly does it mean by "The discs come in the jewel cases with Limited Special case backs for the discs" -- *all* (both pritings) of KS had those 'special' case backs.
Er... when you say jewel case, do you mean like the one WCP had? Because if that's what you mean, then the version I have (Asian or perhaps simply international edition) is different.

The version i have is 5 individual jewel cases, one for each cd. Its just the regular version that was found at Best Buy.

How is your manual bound, Quarto?

Also, can you give me the UPC or EA code off of the box -- for the merchandise FAQ.

Back