Looking for Freelancer mod!!

NapoleanAce

Spaceman
Hello everyone; I don't know if there's a Freelancer discussion forum around here so I apologize if this is in the wrong place...but I'm trying to find a Freelancer mod that will allow me to play the storyline without level restrictions; that is, I can buy an Sunslayer torp launcer, Titan, Eagle, Salamanca, etc. without having to reach the required level first. It would be neat playing the storyline with a monster ship & weaponry; they should have unlocked that option once you beat the game. I have looked at other mod sites but there are thousands of mods out there and it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm really behind on new computer games; are they any other good Privateer/Freelancer type games out now?

I don't know any mods that do this off the top of my head, but Freelancer is pretty easy to mod. The folks over at lancersreactor.com would be able to help with something like that. Plus there are tons of mods there already that you might like to look through.

Your better bet would be to download a character editor (of which there are several - I prefer the IronCross Server Management Package, myself) and then hosting/playing your own LAN Game.

You lose the single story elements but gain the ability to travel anywhere virtually unrestricted and you can mod your character to have as much money as you need to purchase anything you like. From there it's a simple step to add in other mods (like Capship encounters) to keep expanding the game to keep up with your desires.

Make sure you have the Freelancer Mod Manager (FLMM) installed. It comes with a whole slew of basic mods that add all kinds of different functions to the game, most of which I never tried, but I'd be surprised if there isn't one similar to what you want in there.

Back