Longbow inspiration

Yup, and I think the inspiration for the T-Bomb was this bomb.

Attachments

• fatman.jpg
    fatman.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 140
You're probably just being an idiot, but I am curious to know why you picked the plutonium bomb instead of the uranium one.

I don't think Hyperion was anything like Hiroshima -- it's more like Wing Commander's Trinity.

bombs are pretty. I heard its legal in utah to own a nuke just illegal to detonate said item. Wonder if that is true?

jaeger said:
bombs are pretty. I heard its legal in utah to own a nuke just illegal to detonate said item. Wonder if that is true?
Believe me, I live in Utah, and if these mormons would EVER allow that then I have severely misjudged them.

Bandit LOAF said:
I don't think Hyperion was anything like Hiroshima -- it's more like Wing Commander's Trinity.

True, Trinity was the first actual detonation, just as Hyperion was. But even after the Trinity test it remained to be seen just what would happen to a modern city even if the scientists had a pretty good idea. Hyperion showed exactly what a T-Bomb would do to Kilrah, and Hiroshima showed exactly what would happen to the rest of Japan's industrial centers if they didn't surrender.

jaeger said:

Pretty sure the federal government would have issues with nuclear Mormons even if Utah says it's ok. Just as weed is still illegal under federal law in CA even though the state allows it for "medicinal" reasons.

Pretty sure the federal government would have issues with nuclear Mormons even if Utah says it's ok. Just as weed is still illegal under federal law in CA even though the state allows it for "medicinal" reasons.

Really? i thought they got rid of all perscriptions for weed all over the US...

Exactly, it's illegal under federal law all over the U.S. which supercedes the California law allowing it. Medicinal weed outlets are not uncommon in leftist burgs like Berkeley, SF, Santa Cruz, etc. though they do get shut down now and then because, as you might guess, they're not too stringent about verifying the legitimacy of people's "prescriptions". If the federal government cared to, they have the authority to put an end to it - but they don't.

McGruff said:
Hyperion showed exactly what a T-Bomb would do to Kilrah, and Hiroshima showed exactly what would happen to the rest of Japan's industrial centers if they didn't surrender.

Hyperion was a test more than anything else.

Back