Longbow in enemy territory

StarLight

Spaceman
During the one of the last scenes of Wing Commander III, we see Thrakhath talking to Melek about a force so big it has never been seen before. Anyway, just before the cut to where the Confederation have a huge fleet going for them as well, outside the window of the capital ship that Thrakhath and Melek are in, goes past a ship. Is that me, or is that not a Confederation ship, namely the Longbow?

this could be very funny, i've never noticed it and i'll have to check that later, but uhm... maybe you should make a screen shot and post it up here...

------------------
twist·er (twstr): n. 1. One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn. 2. Sports. A ball thrown or batted with a twist. 3. Informal. A. A cyclone. B. A tornado. 4. Confed pilot, hero of the kilrathi war, renowned fleet admiral.

oke, i've looked at the scene again and there's no longbow there, 2 Darkets do a fly-by and the "longbow you're talking about is a big capital ship, a fralthi of or a carier...

oh BTW. i'd prepared a scn shot, but for some odd reason whan i paste it all i see is a black screen what a few dots...
------------------
twist·er (twstr): n. 1. One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn. 2. Sports. A ball thrown or batted with a twist. 3. Informal. A. A cyclone. B. A tornado. 4. Confed pilot, hero of the kilrathi war, renowned fleet admiral.

[This message has been edited by Twister (edited October 28, 2000).]

Did you guys find any difference between the kilrathi saga version of wc3 and the dos version, I know I liked the dos version of wc2 a lot better

The scenes of the fleet buildup really shows the desperation of the Confed. The Kilrathi armada obviously outgunned and outnumbered Confed's fleet at Freya. Interesting that they would suck up so many ships from closer to home.

Twister said:
oh BTW. i'd prepared a scn shot, but for some odd reason whan i paste it all i see is a black screen what a few dots...

How'd you take the screen shot? If you are taking shots from WCIII in KS, I have found that on my system you have to have the game playing in a window to take a screen shot. So, if you tried taking it from fullscreen, jump to a window by hitting ALT-ENTER and try from there.

I'd look, but I don't have the patience to deal with my clumsy, on-the-fritz PC version.

For some reason on the PSX version, the scene of the Confed fleet at Freya just before Blair and Co. jump into Kilrah is deleted. I wonder why...

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

I understand that the Playstation version has a lot less than the PC, but the same goes vice versa. Am I missing anything significant from the Playstation FMV? Cos I don't have the opportunity to see the missing scenes from the CIC Files section.

I wouldn't say that the PSX WC3 has a lot less than the PC WC3 (WC4 is a whole 'nother story, though), but it's missing some small scenes here and there (ie. the elevator transition scene, the fleet scene mentioned below...) Another interesting thing to note is that Vaquero's taunt has been changed. In the PC version we hear, "Eat shit and die, gato." However, the PSX version changes it to merely, "Die, gato."

Anyway, the only advantage of the PSX version, really, is all the newsbriefs throughout the game. I like the ones about Eddie Rickenharp.
wink2.gif

------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
And don't forget the Hobbes personality overlay explanation.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

http://www.ntr.net/~vondoom

I thought that was included in the Kilrathi Saga, which is why I didn't mention it.

------------------

Wedge009 said:
I understand that the Playstation version has a lot less than the PC, but the same goes vice versa. Am I missing anything significant from the Playstation FMV? Cos I don't have the opportunity to see the missing scenes from the CIC Files section.

actually the PSX version has a lot more, sure the atmosphere missions are gone and 3 or 4 cutscenes are gone, that's it, but they are replaced by the ass kicking cutscenes which can be found in the file section.

Dralthi5 said:
Another interesting thing to note is that Vaquero's taunt has been changed. In the PC version we hear, "Eat shit and die, gato." However, the PSX version changes it to merely, "Die, gato."

cobra PC; "yeah got that son of a bitch!"
cobra PSX; "Yeah got that son of a !"
yep, the psx version is somewhat "child-friendlier" (how ever you still see all the scenes like angels death)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Twister (edited October 31, 2000).]

Those cutscenes that replace the ground missions aren't that great, but it would've been cool, I think, if on the PC version you could've turned the ground missions on/off. In the off position, you'd see a cutscene similar to the ones we saw in the PSX version.

As to the more "child-friendly" PSX version, I've also noticed something else. No matter Vagabond's morale at the end of the game, he always says, "... and it's been a hell of a ride..." instead of, "... and mostly it's been shit."

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited October 31, 2000).]

Twister said:
actually the PSX version has a lot more, sure the atmosphere missions are gone and 3 or 4 cutscenes are gone, that's it, but they are replaced by the ass kicking cutscenes which can be found in the file section.

I knew that already, one of the zip files is corrupt (only 28kb).

ah thanks...coz i had always looked and looked at that ship going, what is that? coz it sure looks like a longbow to me..maybe it was captured or something
which brings around this question: why didn't confed ever leach a strakha and copy the cloaking technology from there instead of trying to develop their own?

Dralthi5 said:

As to the more "child-friendly" PSX version, I've also noticed something else. No matter Vagabond's morale at the end of the game, he always says, "... and it's been a hell of a ride..." instead of, "... and mostly it's been shit."

actually, that has to do whit vag's morale, if you too are friends he sais; ...and it's been a hell of a ride, but for the first time..."
if you keep knocking him down;"...and mostly, it's been shit, but for the first time..."

------------------

Hey, Twister, notice I said "No matter Vagabond's morale..." But maybe I'm wrong there, so...

------------------

I wouldn't expect Cobra to call a Kilrathi a "gun", if you know what I mean.

------------------

Back