Longbow Cockpit?

Howard Day

Random art guy.
Here's a rather odd request: Does anyone have a screenshot of the longbow cockpit? I've looked as many places as I can think, and I've found every other WC3 cockpit but that one.
Any assistance would be appreciated!

Probably. I don't have a working copy of WC3, so I can't just go in there and snag a screenshot. Wish I could - would have save quite a bit of time.

Edfilho said:
Would FRAPS capture a shot in WC3?

You just press Printscreen in DOSBox and copy it into whatever (and the new dosbox has all kinds of movie capture FRAPs ability built right in).

ChrisReid said:
You just press Printscreen in DOSBox and copy it into whatever (and the new dosbox has all kinds of movie capture FRAPs ability built right in).
Yeah, I've just grabbed (CTRL+F5) the following image with DOSBox 0.65. The video capture capability is quite nifty as FRAP's doesn't appear to hook into WC3 or KS for screenshots and video capture.

Cheers,

BrynS

The orange diamond by the gunsights is the mouse aim thing, it only appears when you fly with a mouse and tells you which direction your ship will head in so you can fly straight. sort of like an ITTS but for your ship.

Howard Day said:
Kick ass, dude. I thank you very much. Pretty, ain't she?
No problem. Yeah, all the cockpits in WC3 have been beautifully realised, the Hellcat's in particular sticks out in my mind. Is this reference for Pioneer or something else? ;)

Lt.Death100 said:
What's up with the orange diamond?
It's the mouse directional pointer that is enabled when selecting the mouse as the control device. It's kind of sad, but my trusty Flightstick Pro is starting to lose sensitivity on the x-axis and like a grisled and spirited veteran has had to be reluctantly retired from service. :( I can't complain though, it's served me well since I was introduced to WC in Dec '94 with WC3.

The reference is for Pioneer - but not directly. I'm trying to collect all the cockpits so I can have a better understanding of the kinds of techno "widgets" that are used. This will hopefully let me detail the one remaining cockpit in slightly different way than the others I've done. I don't want to re-use too many of the cockpit elements.
Thanks again, man!

What always struck me about the Longbow cockpit was the use of a yoke instead of a stick. It helps to reinforce the fact that it's a bomber, not a figher.

Howard Day said:
The reference is for Pioneer - but not directly. I'm trying to collect all the cockpits so I can have a better understanding of the kinds of techno "widgets" that are used...
Oh, dude! a great many of us yould very mutch like to have all those reference pictures if ever you feal like posting the file...

The prettiest WC3 cockpit is the Hellcat's... and not only the 'Bow had a yoke, but it turned differently too! Awesome!

Back