Long Day

ELTEE

Vice Admiral
It's not even 10:00 AM local time here, and I've got the simulator music from WC stuck on "loop" in my head. Been playing over, and over, and over again...:(

It's not even 10:00 AM local time here, and I've got the simulator music from WC stuck on "loop" in my head. Been playing over, and over, and over again...:(

Dammit! I shouldn't have read your post!

Now you've got me looping too. Dammit dammit.

Thanks a lot.

it's like the banana phone clip on ebaumsworld. "you - you hear it too!"

but seriously, this day is just not ending.

I once had "Straight Up Now, Tell Me" by Paula Abdul stuck in my head for three straight days... and I have not listened to it for years, I have never owned a copy of it. It just emerged from the abyss and invaded my mind. Those were a long three days...

Although I rather enjoy it when I have a particularly cool song stuck in my head, like "Bounty Hunter" from the Advent Rising soundtrack, or Josh Groban's "In Her Eyes." I don't mind that at all. :)

my god... it was extremely long day for me too
I think it was longer that all of my life combined... Hell, i feel 1000 years old today because of yesterday... It must have been some rip in space/time continuum...

Shit, I wish yesterday was longer, then I'd have been able to get in more sleep.

Finally, someone makes sense. If the day was 100 hours long I'd probably sleep for 90.

Remember when sleep was something you could indulge in whenever you wanted, with little or no consequence?

Yeah, those days were nice...

I love unemployment. I have the time to do the billions of art projects I've been needing to do to unsuck my portfolio.

aaauuuggghhh.....

SOOO ANGRY.......:mad:

got...blue...screen of death. lost...everything...

on the phone for HOURS and HOURS.... no explanation. Display driver failed, lead to multiple fatal errors.

On phone with Dell:

me - "Well, how does that happen? I mean, was it a virus? Was it something that I did?"

crazy dell tech dude - "No sir - this was an internal error. These things just happen. We are so sorry. You did not cause this"

me - "Sorry? SORRY? What do I do to prevent this in the future? I mean, there has to be something that we can alter to - "

CDTD - "I'm sorry sir - there is no guarantee this will not happen again. <insert tech and sales babble here> I will now charge you for the service. Thank you for choosing dell."

I am at the end of my rope. I have been dealing with this error for 4.5 hours, trying to arrive at a resolution. I'm not a super computer guy - even with the CIC instructions, it took hours for me to get each WC game to run smoothly in DosBox...oh man, oh man, oh man...have to BREATHE
Sorry for the long post - this has been one of the most frustrating days of my computing life. I can't even formulate a complete sentence. I'm going to bed, with all of my game files....kaput.

Back