Loading Wing Commander 3

Dadood

Spaceman
Does anyone know how to load WC3 and play it? I am on Windows XP and using DosBox 6 to load it. I cannot get it to play or install. I also tried using VDMSound and it took me further than DosBox in the installation, but it craps out when you try to play it. Any help would do. Thanks! :(

What are your system specs? You might need to enable dynamic core in dosbox config file. If that fails, you need a really hefty rig to run wc3 in dosbox without the dynamic core enabled. But you need to make sure you set the cycles in dosbox up high enough to play it smoothly too.

But for us to diagnose the problem we need more info

Wing Commander 3 help

First of all, thanks for the reply. Here are my specs:

Athlon 1.3GHZ
512Mb RAM
ATI Radeon 7200 64Mb
SB Live!
Windows XP

WC1 and WC2 ran just fine with DosBox, but WC3 is not cooperating.
I was able to run WC Prophecy fine by changing the compatibility to Win95 mode.

Dadood said:
First of all, thanks for the reply. Here are my specs:

Athlon 1.3GHZ
512Mb RAM
ATI Radeon 7200 64Mb
SB Live!
Windows XP

WC1 and WC2 ran just fine with DosBox, but WC3 is not cooperating.
I was able to run WC Prophecy fine by changing the compatibility to Win95 mode.

Your processor is probably too slow to run WC3 in dosbox without (and possibly with) dynamic core enabled. You should try turning it on in the dosbox config. However dosbox is inherently more unstable with it on and may crash. So you may not be able to run it in dosbox... I don't know anything about vdmsound (or whatever its called) but some people have had success with that program. but I don't know anything about its system needs.

Back