Listen to Wing Commander in Concert! (August 17, 2014)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Since the conclusion of George Oldziey's successful Kickstarter earlier this year, he's been working to prepare Wing Commander tracks for live recording with a full orchestra. Austinites got a special preview of this album last month when a medley was performed live by the Austin Symphony in front of a huge Fourth of July audience. Shocked (and lucky!) Wing Commander fans lit up twitter with positive reviews, and some were even able to record it. And now we're excited to share this wonderful compilation with you! Download it here (25 meg m4a AAC format).

--
Original update published on August 17, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I had very high expectations, and even I was surprised how good it sounds!

I finally had time to listen to this. I'm looking forward to the polished studio album, but this live performance isn't too bad either. My memory isn't what it used to be, but here's what I managed to work out:

0:00 MC Introduction
0:55 WC III Opening Credits
2:40 Kilrathi Throne Room scene
4:55 WC IV Opening Credits
6:20 Black Lance ambush / Flash-Pak test scene
8:44 Confederation Assembly scene, fade out and applause

I wonder if they were allowed to play some video to accompany the music. I think that really would have helped with the ambience and helped audience members unfamiliar with the game to have a feeling for what the music is representing.

Nope, no video. It was a big outdoor thing. The visual (for the second half) was a fireworks display.

For a live that sounds absolutely splendid! It only excites and teases the mind for George's future Wing Commander album. :cool:

Back