Linux users? WC in linux?

Though I haven't tried it, there is a Linux version of DOSbox, wich should enable you to run old DOS WC games.

Bochs could also be used to install Win95 in a virtual PC (à-la VirtualPC/VMware).

You may also try WINE to get Windows-based WC games to work.

Well, I think that with DOSbox you have a good starting point. There are lots of people who have successfully had all DOS-based WC games to run with it, and you'll find lots of experimented people to assist you if you need in the CIC Tech support forum.

Bochs and wine may require more work on your part, though with a little bit of patience you should be able to have it work.

Wine is really a "must have", BTW...

No, I do not use it regularly... but I did experiment with DOSbox on windows quite sucessfully, and I and evaluated Wine as a Windows replacement at job; Wine is a really impressive accomplishement. I have not experimented running WC games through Wine yet, though. But I am at very confident that DOSbox will work as well on Linux than on Windows.

Sorry I have not enough Linux expertise to write you a complete HOWTO... I am only an occasional user.

Report:

I downloaded DOSbox v 0.6.3 and installed it succesfully.. Then downloaded the latest version of DOSboxFE ( a configuration tool for Dosbox, in linux).. configured the DOSbox for WC III. I removed the EMS support.

Then Started the DOSBox.. did the mountings, started the installation.. And i had to disable the sound, do to an error that it was returning due to a sound file..

Run the same process again, without the sound.. but i got e similar error, for a Dataflow file or something like that...

Now i have to take a break.. cause my eyes.....

Back