• Yes!

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No!

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • What?

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Linkin Park makes me feel like I'm being drown in black carpenter ants.

I like LP, of course I love listening to all kinds of pissed off music.:D
The Reanimation album was pretty cool.

Now a musical standpoint. There are certain things that are clearly music. Mozart for example, is clearly music. There are things that are clearly not music. Screaming at the top of your lungs, or talking, for example. Things like Linkin Park, or any Rap are kinda on the line. From a musical side, I'd say Linkin Park is music, but they're not musical.

Now, do I like them. I like anything I consider musical. Guess the answer's no.

No, I hate Linkin Park. Stuff like B182, Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, etc. is also stuff I hate. It's not music...it's noise recorded into computers and synthesizers to resemble possible musicality, listen to their live stuff....sounds like crap. There are very few bands out there that actually play music. Take Dream Theater for example, everything they play in Studio they can do live, and they are masters at their instruments. But not many bands like that are left. It's all about image now. It's a sad, sad world.

I don't think it matters whether the sounds are synthesized or not, rather, I prefer to think of it from a: "Do they suck, or not suck?" standpoint.

Well, there's good synthesized stuff, and then there's the other 95 percent :).

All right, 95 percent is almost certainly not the case, though given the amount of techno out there, the percentage must be pretty high. As for Linkin Park, I've never bothered to listen to any of their music, so no opinion here.

I agree with T8H3X11 for the most part. Synth should be a singular instrument (naturally, when applicable) and not the firm basis of a musical group, nor should a turn-table or other more mechanical devices.

Originally posted by Needaham45
Screaming at the top of your lungs, or talking, for example.
I never liked that much either, but strangely, LP is an exception for me. [BTW, they don't always have screaming in their songs - I like the mixture of different stuff that they do.]

But then, I listen to all sorts of weird stuff. Just bought Delta Goodrem's album. :)

LP is an exception for me too. That screaming at the top of your lungs music doesn't normally do it for me, but ...

For some reason I like it when Linkin Park does it. That and it annoys the hell out of my parents:D !

Actually I don't know them that well. The only song that I've actually heard and listened to is that "In the End..." song. But I liked it.

P.S.- Screamer bands suck.

I disagree with the fact that LP is not really a screamer band, the chorus may be screaming but it doesn't dominate the whole song, but doesn't he have a great voice? the lyrics can still be heard, even Steven Tyler screams in most of aerosmiths songs but i still think it sounds great.

Oh yeah, if you want to hear some REALLY scary screaming music, download "Old Man's Child : The Millenium King" off of KaZaA or whatever you use. Now THATS scary...:eek:

Originally posted by Mav23
The only song that I've actually heard and listened to is that "In the End..." song. But I liked it.
That's actually my favourite from "Hybrid Theory". That, or "Pushing Me Away".

Originally posted by steampunk
Neighbours is pure evil.
That might be true, but I don't watch Neighbours. :p

Originally posted by PilotWings01
...the chorus may be screaming but it doesn't dominate the whole song...
Nor do all their songs involve screaming. Such as "My December", "Easier to Run", "Breaking the Habit", "Nobody's Listening", etc.

Originally posted by Wedge009
That's actually my favourite from "Hybrid Theory". That, or "Pushing Me Away".

Nor do all their songs involve screaming. Such as "My December", "Easier to Run", "Breaking the Habit", "Nobody's Listening", etc.

I liked those ones two from Hybrid Theory but I think my favorite were Papercut and probley second was Crawling.

I injoy there new release too, its alot more diverse and and balanced between techniques and styles, which is probley why i like them cuz of there deversity and balance.

Originally posted by PilotWings01
I disagree with the fact that LP is not really a screamer band, the chorus may be screaming but it doesn't dominate the whole song, but doesn't he have a great voice? the lyrics can still be heard, even Steven Tyler screams in most of aerosmiths songs but i still think it sounds great.

But alot of times the voice has been altered to heighten or lower the pitch to sound better in studio, and when you here them sing live the vocals suck. Now I don't know on Linkin Park's behalf or Aerosmith's because I've never heard them live. But many bands do it.

Back