Let's make awful fan-fic superfighters

Yeah, the design in the first post might actually be believable for a WCP era fighter if you lost the flashpaks and reduced the guns from four tachyons to two.

Remember that flashpaks use torpedo hardpoints -- so, two flashpacks isn't really an impossible concept.

I seem to recall (but do not have the novel here in the formerly-a-library) that the flashpak was actually designed exactly for this purpose -- mounting on lighter fighters that couldn't carry torpedoes.

After all, Pliers can pick up a flashpak with ease... good luck trying that with a ten meter long antimatter torpedo.

Yes, the novel refers to the FP technology as having been developed from a Kilrathi designs attempting to create a shipkiller weapon that could be deployed from Dralthis. I can't cite the page number off the top of my head, though, as my room is currently the next best thing to a warzone without actual shooting or things being blown up going on. I think it's when they acquire the Lances from the carrier in Speradon, but I'm not sure.

Locust Light Bomber: WC3/4 era:
Strenghts: 540kps/1500kps afterburner, HEAVY armor, rear mass driver turret, optional stealth (like in the arrow/excal), slide capable, carries alot of missile decoys, cheap/economical/mass produced.

Weaknesses (if necessary for realism): Only 1 torpedo/flashpak, NO missiles, NO forward firing guns, Maneuverability could be sacrificed- if necessary it could have the worst Y/P/R in all the games.

I think a swarm of these bombers would be a patrol pilot's and cap-ship captain's worst nightmare. I'd like to think it's somewhat realistic, but it may very well lean heavily towards the fanboy side of things.

Lt.Death100 said:
I've got a ridiculous fighter! A light fighter the size of the Arrow with the Behemoth's gun!:D
Or better yet.. a cloaking Excalibur that can destroy planets with a single bomb and have 2 sets of powerful forward guns and carry a large missile loadout in addition... maybe that's going a bit TOO far.

Mjr. Whoopass said:
Or better yet.. a cloaking Excalibur that can destroy planets with a single bomb and have 2 sets of powerful forward guns and carry a large missile loadout in addition... maybe that's going a bit TOO far.

I have decided to standardise on that fighter.

A cool superfighter would be a Vampire with AutoTracking, better speeds, shields, armor, and two tachy-turrets, that'll be cool.
And don't forget unlimited AfterBurners.

Mjr. Whoopass said:

Except for the large missile loadout, you pretty much get that already in the final mission of WC3. :D

A minor side-track, but I used to hack the WC1 executables / WC2 shipfiles to create my own superfighters...

My favorite ridiculous supership would have to be a broadsword with phase shields and the center mass driver replaced with a phase transit cannon. Didn't work too well with Ralatha shooting AMGs and Grikaths doing torpedo runs at you :D

Mincemeat said:
My favorite ridiculous supership would have to be a broadsword with phase shields and the center mass driver replaced with a phase transit cannon. Didn't work too well with Ralatha shooting AMGs and Grikaths doing torpedo runs at you :D

AMGs are normal, but man, having torps coming at you would be a hell of a draw back for having a PTC.

I used to have a weird super fighter design, actually made a big drawing of it back when I was little. Looked like the WC2 Rapier with a different front end. I think it had a tail turret, and four stormfire cannons. I can't remember much else about it. I might dig around and see if I can't find it.

EDIT: Okay here it is. Lets see how much I can try to remember about this thing.

"Rapier AF-119H3 Super Fighter"

The design: The fusalage is inspired by the dragon. The wing/stabilizer config by the Rapier, and the wing style by the Hellcat and something else. No idea where the idea for the front half of the fusalage and cockpit came from. On to the senseless butchery of statistics...

Shields: 5000 cm (No idea what I was thinking there.)
Recharge: 2000 cm (...or here)
Armor: 1000 cm
Hull: 250 (I think this came from one of the guides?)

Speed: 750 k/s
Afterburn: 4000 k/s
Accel: 50 k/s/s [250 k/s/s afterburner]
Y/P/R: 15 (d/s? handles worse than a Longbow I guess.)

Prim. Weapons:
4x Tachyon
2x Long Range Reaper (?)
2x Disruptors (Kilrathi Matter Distruptors?)
2x Distuptors in Tail Turret

Sec. Weapons:
4x Stormfire (I really got a kick out of those things. I guess I felt my ubership should have a bunch.)
2x Fusion

Missiles:
4x4 Missiles (Internal magazines. No idea what type.)
2x Torpedo Mount (I guess, I just had multipurpose written.)

There's some other various bits written, but I think this is enough to confound. I don't think it has cloak, but the Dragon-type engine grills I guess it would have had unlimited afterburner. Anyway, I'm not sure where the capship shields and armor came from. I guess I figured if a Vesuvius had it, the fighter could, too.

Attachments

• Rapier Super-1.jpg
    Rapier Super-1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 238
Ijuin said:
Except for the large missile loadout, you pretty much get that already in the final mission of WC3. :D

That's what he was referring to. Twelve missiles is a large loadout.

Mjr. Whoopass said:
Talking about going too far, a microscopic, unmanned, VERY cheap fighter with 15 million behemoth guns.:D :D :D

well t.c.cgi's fighter looks good. nice drawing. But the stats...ok as the thread says "overpowered superfighters"... I would rather guess IT IS ONE :)

Start with the rule "four guns for every occasion" and go from there?

I used to do some sketching around that produced some interesting results, but no scanner. Maybe I'll waste the next week on 3d-modeling some of them.

t.c.cgi said:
AMGs are normal, but man, having torps coming at you would be a hell of a draw back for having a PTC.

Actually it's the phase shields that triggers the enemy to torpedo you.

Also in the game, normal fighter shields can absorb enemy AMG damage first instead of going straight through to the armour. With 500 game units' worth in a Broadsword it's good for almost two salvos.

By the way, cool drawing you've got there.

Back