Lets Be Friends!

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Hey guys -- WingNuts have to stick together, especially now that we're going to be facing off against a whole new generation of gamers via XBox Live.

With that in mind, lets put together a list of people interested in being XBox Live friends. I'm "Bandit LOAF", and I'm always happy to talk about Wing Commander if you catch me online -- just send me a chat request when I'm playing some other game.

Anybody who wants to add me may do so as well. Just let me know you're from the CIC in your friend request. :)

For poor unknowing fools like me can you tell me how this xbox live thing works? I have yet to get a 360 and I never used that live deal on the original one. How much does it cost?

For poor unknowing fools like me can you tell me how this xbox live thing works? I have yet to get a 360 and I never used that live deal on the original one. How much does it cost?

Xbox Live connects your 360 to online gaming, demos, downloadable content and even downloadable television episodes! It connects either through a hardline ethernet cable (which comes with the system) or WiFi if you have a wireless network at home.

X-Box Live costs $50 a year but you can get a subscription, a webcam and several fun games like Uno for a little bit more than that.

You don't need an Xbox Live Gold subscription (tbe $50 LeHah mentions) to download either free or premium content from the marketplace. You just need to pay for the content. You do however need the Gold subscription to be able to play online multiplayer.

XBox Live is the network, as LeHah described, and Arcade is a subset where you can buy downloadable games. Here's one overview:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/livearcade/default.htm

Xbox Live® Arcade is the central destination for Xbox 360™ gamers to find, download, try, and buy smaller games on the Xbox 360 console. The Xbox Live Arcade offers a large catalog of fun, broad-appeal games that can be downloaded via Xbox Live.

Arcade is perfect for the hardcore gamer who's looking for bite-sized entertainment, or for a casual player looking to get into the game. The games offered in the Xbox Live Arcade come from a wide variety of genres, including puzzle games, retro arcade favorites, action games, card & board titles, and more. New games are released frequently on the Xbox Live Arcade, creating an ever-growing portfolio of titles for players to choose from each month.

All Xbox Live Arcade games can be tried free before purchase.
Xbox Live Arcade games can fit onto your hard drive or memory unit.
Xbox Live Arcade games support high-definition output, achievements, gamerscores, and leaderboards.
Most Xbox Live Arcade games (including some retro titles) support multiplayer play over Xbox Live.

I'm getting a 360 and free time this summer, so I guess I'll be joining the crew. However, don't be surprised if this new generation of XBox Live players has an intelligence less than that of a house plant.

I've heard some pretty stupid to downright weird stuff about hormone powered 14 year olds and XBox Live.

I've played a lot of online games... and everyone has been perfectly pleasant... except, and this is a big except... in Uno.

For some reason, the people who play Uno are just horrible, horrible individuals. I can't explain it -- I can have a fine time in crazy violent war games where everyone murders eachother over and over... but once you put down a Draw 4 Wild, watch out.

I've played a lot of online games... and everyone has been perfectly pleasant... except, and this is a big except... in Uno.

To clairify, LOAF is refering to the people *not* from the CIC whom he's played Uno against.

Every now and then I catch some jerks in Gears Of War. And DEFINITELY in Halo 2 (haven't played it online in over a year due to said jerks).

all you have to do is turn off the speakers until they get annoyed and go to hell, err I mean away.

Well thankfully the 360 has a mute option for individual members of Live. I can put up with jerks on Gears, Halo 2 it was just the cheating. You had to load five games back to back to even get a chance of getting into an unaltered match.

You can also tell the system to try and avoid problem players in the future (this is system wide and so applies any game you play online). You can also set prefered players and the system will try and match you up more often.

Anyone is welcome to add me, I'm not usually on too often but right now I'm playing a fair bit of GoW and Crackdown on live.
Maverick Alex

Look forward to playing you all on Arena.

I am so in.
Anyone here may feel free to add "SX Glory" to their friends list.
For a friend of Wing Commander is a friend of mine.

Whoo-Hoo. Got the HDD, Gold Membership account, and I'm ready for some WCA!

Anyone who'd care to add me, please do!

I should have my XBOX sometime in the next few days. Anyone one who wants to add me is more than welcome to. I'm new to XBOX Live so It'll be nice to see a freindly face or two.

A little off topic here but speaking of getting my XBOX 360. I ordered it a few days ago from Wal-Mart.com and it was a big combo deal that came with the premium XBOX, 3 games of my choice, a faceplate of my choice, and wireless controllers. Well for some reason there shippng everything sepperate, and I recieved today two of the games and the faceplate. So as I write this I'm reading the instruction manuals of two games I can't even play yet! :(

Back