Lego Fighters Raid The News (January 24, 2006)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
The Lego Dragon from last week has spawned two siblings. Staruss pointed out his second creation, a Razor Light Fighter. Pictures of it are a bit blurry, but you can find more here. He must have a lot of black and red parts.

st3lt3k found the second ship at Clan McLean. This one is supposed to be a Jalthi, but it might have more in common with a Drakhri. Six guns make the inspiration clear, but the wings would definitely need to shrink and move in more for it to match the intended fighter. The paint scheme isn't realistic, but there's a neat charm to the classic Lego space color.

--
Original update published on January 24, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they bought a better camera :D

The Razor is pretty damn good, but isn't it the wrong colour?

TopGun said:
Maybe they bought a better camera :D

They're different people. And the problem isn't the camera. It's just people not holding the camera still while taking a picture in low light/slow shutter speed conditions and without using a short-range focus.

TopGun said:
The Razor is pretty damn good, but isn't it the wrong colour?

You could say the Jalthi is the wrong color, but there's no reason to say Razors are "supposed" to be gray, orange and blue.

ChrisReid said:
You could say the Jalthi is the wrong color, but there's no reason to say Razors are "supposed" to be gray, orange and blue.

Good point Chris, I suppose an individual pilot can paint their fighter whatever they like, especially when they're pirates

Hello

Im a creator of Dragon & Razor Lego (just trust me).
Thanks for putting my Creatons in WC News

Jalthi looks Great but colors ;) .

I have some problems because :

1. my camera is damage
2. I have alot of red and black parts ( yes, its funny :p )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you interested Lego wing commander creations , i working on instructions for
Dragon or Razor

Now I finnished the mini Dralthi :

very nice Freelancer! The first person shots are very cool!

Have you done any Kilrathi ships in minifig scale?

I'm interested in instructions for Dragon and Razor!

st3lt3k said:
very nice Freelancer! The first person shots are very cool!

Have you done any Kilrathi ships in minifig scale?

Thanks

I think You can make a 1st person photo (cockpit) of Jalthi too.
Yes, i done a mini Dralthi but my camera is critical damaged now :( (cant make photos)
The instructions for Dragon & Razor will be a hard work to do.
I need to know about programs like ldraw (but not in DOS) or others.
You know what i mean...

ChrisReid said:
That's a cute little Dralthi. Welcome to the forums.

Thank you

Cool Drathi, I'm gonna see about making one :D

Welcome to the Mad House, your straight jacket will be issued shortly :D

-Freelancer- said:
Thanks

I think You can make a 1st person photo (cockpit) of Jalthi too.
Yes, i done a mini Dralthi but my camera is critical damaged now :( (cant make photos)
The instructions for Dragon & Razor will be a hard work to do.
I need to know about programs like ldraw (but not in DOS) or others.
You know what i mean...

Thank you

have you tried MLCAD? it's a little time consuming but i've seen people produce quality instructions with it

-Freelancer- said:
Now I finnished the mini Dralthi :

The bottom seems to call for an extra flat 1x2 and 2x2 piece that I don't see used in the actual construction.

Also for anyone doing graphics like this, people should GIF their images if they're only using a couple colors. Your 140 kilobyte jpeg reduced down to a 40 k gif with zero loss of quality when we converted it. You'd probably get even better results with the original source material.

TurboTim07 said:
have you tried MLCAD? it's a little time consuming but i've seen people produce quality instructions with it

Thank you TurboTim07 :D, I think this is it.

ChrisReid said:
Also for anyone doing graphics like this, people should GIF their images if they're only using a couple colors. Your 140 kilobyte jpeg reduced down to a 40 k gif with zero loss of quality when we converted it. You'd probably get even better results with the original source material.

Thanks for advice Master Chris :D.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I made a Dralthi istruction in MLCAD ( i will host them on Brickshelf soon)

Lego Dralthi in MLCAD :

-Freelancer- said:
I made a Dralthi istruction in MLCAD ( i will host them on Brickshelf soon)

Lego Dralthi in MLCAD :

Hey, those look neat. In regards to the GIF files, there are other options you can use to improve the look of the images as well. Lowering the amount of dithering or increasing the number of colors will make the objects look a little more natural while retaining the sharp lines and smaller file size.

st3lt3k said:

I didn't realize that making instructions would be difficult and don't want to make work for you.

Thanks for the models and the pictures!

You haven't made a mini-fig scale dralthi by any chance?

HammerHead said:
If you have a few more of these mini-lego fighters, I just might have found a nice use for them - as boardgame minis:

Wing commander ships for use with Silent death board game

(You have to be familiar with the Silent Death game system, obviuosly)

Ill make more lego ships :) , but im working on instructions ..

st3lt3k said:
I didn't realize that making instructions would be difficult and don't want to make work for you.

Thanks for the models and the pictures!

You haven't made a mini-fig scale dralthi by any chance?

I was wrong. Its easy to make a instructions :eek: but as TurboTim07 said: "it's a little time consuming"

I made the Dralthi but i cant show you photo (damaged camera :()
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I almost finish bottom of dragon :) :

Back