LEGO Commander

That is awesome beyond all comparison.
I want more!

EDIT: Also, how about some instructions so I can build some? Maybe? Please?

Wow. These are just the very definition of awesome. I hate to be a troublemaker, but could you possibly post some brighter images? These all seem a mite dark. Other than that minor nitpick, awesome!

That is awesome beyond all comparison.
I want more!

EDIT: Also, how about some instructions so I can build some? Maybe? Please?

As mentioned above I modelled the ships using LDraw, which is a free Lego Modeller.
Head over to http://www.ldraw.org/ and download LDraw and the latest Parts Update, install both and you are ready to go!
I am looking forward to see your work :)

Wow. These are just the very definition of awesome. I hate to be a troublemaker, but could you possibly post some brighter images? These all seem a mite dark. Other than that minor nitpick, awesome!

Glad you like it - actually I have taken your excellent 3D-models as reference :)

...and you're right - the images are quite dark - some brighter images will follow...

Not sure if anyone saw this, but there are some Wing Commander ships on Brickcommander.com as well.

TCS-TigersClaw.jpg

TCS-Exeter.jpg

Maybe you could even submit your designs to Primus and he could add them to the gallery. Those are awesome enough to get on there, I'm sure. :D

Oh...wow, those are just wonderful! Those are incredibly faithful to the originals, at least as far as you can go with lego bricks.
TC-Battlegroup.jpg

Again, Cool.

Here are some more images - 3 Dralthi at full afterburner speed, 3 Hornets on patrol and 2 Hornets hunting a Dralthi.

Attachments

• LC_3Dralthis.jpg
    LC_3Dralthis.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 229
  • LC_3Hornets.jpg
    LC_3Hornets.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 266
  • LC_TheHunt.jpg
    LC_TheHunt.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 245
Nice work! I appreciate that you've shown us the top of the hornet - I was actually going to ask about that. Keep up the good work!
Out of curiosity, how likely would it be to actually build one of these? Would the parts be readily available?

This project actually started with building a real Hornet in Lego - but due to my limited amount of Lego bricks I couldn't make the model the way I wanted it to be - if you take a closer look you will see the differences. That's why I switched to 3D.

All 3 models I did so far should be really buildable if you own all the necessary bricks.

Attachments

• real_Hornet1.jpg
    real_Hornet1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 273
  • real_Hornet2.jpg
    real_Hornet2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 260
  • real_Hornet3.jpg
    real_Hornet3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 244
I think it is time to get some LEGO again!
(Must be 15 years since I built something with LEGO, but hey, It's never too late to start again!)

I think I would start with the Salthi, it isn't too big and looks rather easy. The Tiger's Claw is... well... big.

EDIT: Where can I get the LEGO-"blueprints" and a list of which parts I will need?

I think I would start with the Salthi, it isn't too big and looks rather easy. The Tiger's Claw is... well... big.
Actually, I don't think the Tiger's Claw is that big in reality. I reckon the Claw model would be approximately 16 inches (40 centimeters) long, which is nothing compared to a LEGO Star Destroyer. :D

If I had to guess, I'd say the Dralthi is probably the easiest of the lot to model, along with that Exeter from brickcommander.com - given that you own all the parts you need. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, the Claw is 700M long - close to 2100 feet long. A Star Destroyer is (again, if I remember correctly) 1,600M in length. So a little less than half the length would be accurate, I think. Looks pretty close to me.
Yeah, I'm a nerd.

I'd love to see some of these taking damage or exploding. This is such a cool way to model WC ships. This makes me want to give this stuff a try.

looks great. Does LEGO have a system for ordering specific part for something this? I haven't bought a brick in 5 or 6 years.

Back