Leeches

freeleaves

2nd Lieutenant
im playing through wc 3 and 4 again. does anybody else besides me use nothing but leeches? especially in wc 4. all u need is one hit then u just finish them off with guns. makes the other missiles kinda useless. also i just finished the part in 4 where vagabond dies. kinda sad. anybody else feel sorry for vagabond??

I liked to use Leeches on the Lexington in WC4, you don't have to destroy her that way - it leads to a slightly different cutscene when Seether and Paulsen escape in the shuttle.

Freeleaves> Yeah, I used to do that. Leeches did indeed make any other weapon kinda useless.

Danr> That's weird. I destroyed the Lexington and still got that cutscene.

Freeleaves> Yeah, I used to do that. Leeches did indeed make any other weapon kinda useless.

Danr> That's weird. I destroyed the Lexington and still got that cutscene.

It's almost the same cutscene if you destroy the Lexington or Leech it, but if you Leech it, the shuttle is seen taking off from an intact Lexington rather than a fried one.

The Leeched Lexington (which, if you defect at the first offer, you can do with leech guns instead of missiles) has its lights off, IIRC, but is otherwise intact.

Part of me wouldn't mind having the novel option, though. :p

(self-destructing the torp in front of the launch bays to disable the launchers, for a mission kill instead of a ship kill)

I used leech missiles and guns throughout WC4 until I went against the Black Lance fighters... had a problem shooting down Confed pilots, many of which weren't really guilty of anything but following orders. Basically if I could leech something, thats what I did.

(self-destructing the torp in front of the launch bays to disable the launchers, for a mission kill instead of a ship kill)

That would have been cool, I guess its presumed that the Lexington stays in service after the Border-Worlds conflict. Perhaps a novel confirms this?

I used leech missiles and guns throughout WC4 until I went against the Black Lance fighters

I went through a phase of that too, but far more satisfying to make a clean kill instead. I seem to recall that you couldn't Leech Seether.

That would have been cool, I guess its presumed that the Lexington stays in service after the Border-Worlds conflict. Perhaps a novel confirms this?

I went through a phase of that too, but far more satisfying to make a clean kill instead. I seem to recall that you couldn't Leech Seether.

Yeah as far I was concerned, black lance deserved to die, so I didnt waste my time.

I remember the first time I faced Seether the build up was amazing. I cloaked, charged that big damn gun, decloaked and killed him inside a few seconds!

I remember being very dissapointed

I used Leech guns/missiles sparingly (all non-guilty confed pilots ejected, all Black Lance died in my mind). However, with the exception of the first run through, I ALWAYS used the leeches on the Lexington. I couldn't justify the flash pack killing the hundreds (or thousands) of innocents on that ship.

I used Leech guns/missiles sparingly (all non-guilty confed pilots ejected, all Black Lance died in my mind). However, with the exception of the first run through, I ALWAYS used the leeches on the Lexington. I couldn't justify the flash pack killing the hundreds (or thousands) of innocents on that ship.

Wait, when do you use the FP on the Lexington? Are you thinking of the Vesuvius?

I found almost every fighter dies in one missile hit regardless in WC4, so leeching fighters seemed like more effort to me. And leech missiles take longer to lock on than most missiles...

Never made much effort to leech capships before, might be an interesting thing to try.

Hey, what about leech guns? I forget if those were always available, but they seemed to disable faster than regular guns could kill.... at least when fighting Bearcats.

Nope, after WC4 there's no mention of the Lex, assuming I'm not forgetting something important in StarSoldier.

(Biiiiig assumption, there. :p )

Nope, after WC4 there's no mention of the Lex, assuming I'm not forgetting something important in StarSoldier.

(Biiiiig assumption, there. :p )

I can't recall it being in there.

I'm guessing it just continued to fly the friendly skies elsewhere...

Back