Launchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RATM

Spaceman
does anyone know how these work? In WC1 i think they might of had launchers, since you were in the launch bay (or hanger) and you just afterburned out, in wc2 you just fly out of it, along with wc3-4, when was the launcher introduced? how does it work? does it have any advantage over manual takeoff? or is it just to save the lives of those who develop shake while getting out of a hanger? :D

I guess the advantage simply is a quicker launch. It's definitely quicker than any launch in WC3+4.
Also, the Midway's hangar is seperated from the "launcher tubes" you are in when launching in WCP. This is intended to make sure no single fighter flying into the hangar bay can shut it down!

Greetings
ButtSeriously

Originally posted by ButtSeriously

Also, the Midway's hangar is seperated from the "launcher tubes" you are in when launching in WCP. This is intended to make sure no single fighter flying into the hangar bay can shut it down!
Right... this enables the carrier to be able to launch fighters, even if an accident has temporarily blocked the flight deck. :)

They're just enclosed catapults -- there are open catapults on the 'fly-through' carriers.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
I just thought it was meant to give you a trip before you went a fought...........

I guess this can be called "a nice side-effect" :D

Greetings
ButtSeriously

It's hard to take you seriously when you say stuff like "BUTT" seriously :)

Originally posted by Mav23
It's hard to take you seriously when you say stuff like "BUTT" seriously :) [/B]

Ever watched "I.M. Weasel"? Then you'd know where that name comes from! And then you'd know that I can't be taken completely seriously anyway. It's just a forum nickname. Trust me, I've seen even MORE stupid ones!

Greetings
ButtSeriously

Everybody is taken as serious as he/she gives himself in the forum.
Nobody here makes the fault to take somebody less serious, because of his nick. It's quite stupid. You'll still also learn to understand CIC jokes. It needs time, but it'll come. So take it as it was meant by Mav: :joke: :)

Sorry, but de E-mail function are disabled...

Ever watched "I.M. Weasel"? Then you'd know where that name comes from! And then you'd know that I can't be taken completely seriously anyway. It's just a forum nickname. Trust me, I've seen even MORE stupid ones!

Greetings
ButtSeriously [/B]

Sorry to interrupt...quoted you 'cause need to talk to you...mail me, please...pqdoido@hotmail.com

Yes,Loaf...what's minded with the disabled E-Mail function?
It was so senseful and seems that not only I miss it.:)
What's wrong with it?

And there isn't any possibility to give only CIC members access of the adresses? With password for example?
I mean spanners can do it quite more easily if we have to put it open in the forum just like he did....
There must be a possibility. Or maybe a newsletter...every month one time like we get in my club...one time a month a list with all adresses...there are several possibilities, but no chance to get an adress is quite bad:(
You don't have any chance to get closer contact to other members...:)

If you want someone to have your e-mail address, put it in another of your profile fields -- like under "location" or somesuch.

And if I'd like to have one of another member?
Little more difficult. I don't think the Admins /Mods enjoy reading posts like Hey xy! Need your eMail-adress....
It's little stupid isn't it? It sounds like: "Contact me on ....". If I'd like to have an adresss, I could also write myself in the profile: I want something from....member xy. Maybe sometimes it concerns a thing what other members shouldn't know...I think it's quite little bad. But you're right: I don't have any problem with writing my adress in the profile (no one ever mailed me...oh one time...when another member forgot my adress).:)
So it's a solution for me. Not the best but one. I can only hope others would also do.

We enjoy people complaining to us that they don't want their e-mails seen even less -- you can give out your e-mail if you want, as can anyone else... if they chose not to, it's up to them <G>

Okay I respect it. It's everybody's thing. Sometimes it's senseful: If next time the crius-mail-server gets some virusses: That's another type, whom doesn't like me. There I wished he hasn't my adress.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back