Launcher Options Crash Fixed

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Well, Standoff's been looking really good, so I went out and bought a joystick to try it with. So far it's pretty great. Seems it's pretty easy to lose your wingmen. It has a really great atmosphere. One thing that the WC2 era didn't have, but I really miss from WC3/4 is the ability to walk around the ship. Even WC1 had bodies in the bar. WC2's cabin always seemed a little devoid of life. I did have one problem with the options. When I tried to enter the options from the launcher, I got the mscomctl.ocx bug, but I fixed that. Gotta take a break now.

Hmm, how did you fix that? Or was it a one-time thing?

As for the ship being devoid of life, well, we're doing some experiments. :)

There won't be more rooms to walk around though... both the Firekka and the Lionheart are just a Rec Room and a Flight Deck, simply because, due to our lack of clickable characters, I didn't see a point in splitting each carrier into more than one lifeless room.

Eder said:
Hmm, how did you fix that? Or was it a one-time thing?

Nope, it was consistent. I had to download the mscomctl.ocx file and stick it in C:\Windows\System, then I executed "regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx" and now I can enter the options.

I do have one problem though.. I can't multitask. When I alt+tab back into Standoff the graphics have gone purplish and are all squished into the left side of the screen.

Yes, that happens when your desktop is set to 32 bit color, like in UE. We still haven't figured out a fix for that. :(

Oh, I can probably turn down the color for the duration of my play time.. It'll be worth it to be able to multitask. Thanks.

It should also work if you play the GAME in 16-bit mode. At least it worked in UE on '98. Haven't tried tabbing in Standoff 16bit yet, but I'd assume it is the same.

cff said:
It should also work if you play the GAME in 16-bit mode. At least it worked in UE on '98. Haven't tried tabbing in Standoff 16bit yet, but I'd assume it is the same.

That fixed it (changing the desktop to 16 bit did not).

overmortal said:
I can't multitask while playing WC. I get distracted and lose the edge.

Too many people coming and going ask me questions. Got to keep an eye on #Wingnut whenever I'm home.

I finished episode one. It was pretty fun. I did have an issue with the sequence of the missions in the History. "Sabre Pursuit" and "Unresolved Issues" appear out of chronological order in the second and third slot. I also got a crash at the end of the credits, but at that point it didn't matter.

With the mission ordering, I suspect that's because of the way the files are numbered - they often have an order of somthing like: 1, 10, 11... 19, 2, 20, 21... etc. WCP's mission history is ordered correctly, but WCSO's mission history seems to go in whatever order the history files are stored in the directory by Windows.

Back