Latest Pioneer Update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Day

Random art guy.
Hello, everyone! There's a lot of exciting things going on in the WC community lately, and we felt like we should check in and give a heads up on where everything is. Joel and I are both extremely busy - we're in pretty major crunch mode on the latest Tomb Raider game. For more info on that (including release dates and the like) go to www.buzzmonkey.com. Joel has actually been far busier than I have, so there's very little progress being made on the code side.
I do, however, have a task list. If anything is missing from this list, let me know so I can add it...
Finish Art tutorial
Render images of the Bengal class with Tiger's Claw markings
Start adding externally visible cockpits to the fighters/freighters
Finish updating all the ships to the latest art style (hopefully final)
wait for Joel. :D

Anyhow, that's where we are. I want to take this opportunity to again mention that this is an extremely long-term project. We've got lots done, but there's even more to do.
Have a good one, everyone!

So long as there's an update as to what's going on every month or two, even if no progress is made and it's just a "Hey, we haven't forgotten about this!", I'm a happy camper.

As am I. It's nice to at least know you guys are still alive even. I've been kept on baited breath for nearly 3 years now, I figure I can wait another 3 if need be.

Thanks

I for one am estatic that you guys are still with it. Looking at these images you have done and what you guys plan to do with this game makes me feel like I'm 10 again waiting on WCII to come out.. for that I thank you

I for one am estatic that you guys are still with it. Looking at these images you have done and what you guys plan to do with this game makes me feel like I'm 10 again waiting on WCII to come out.. for that I thank you

I've been watching Wing Commander movie today and thought to myself: "I wonder, will Pioneer let me pilot a ship like Diligent and is something new happening with the project?"... So I visited. ;)

BTW: how is/was your holiday, guys?

Good to see you guys keep plugging away. These things are always long haul and usually frustratingly slow - moreso for the developers than anybody else.

I would suggest open sourcing the game engine might help speed things up if coders are the main progress constraint... there's lots of talented people in this community.

You could also use another game engine for prototyping - loads of choice out there - which could help involve more people.

How many times are you going to come in here and say the same god damn thing? I'm sorry to LOAF and the others for the language, but good god. Charlie, i'm pretty sure this is the reason why you were banned once before. You came in here spouting off about the virtues of open source, and actually at one point actually were endorsing the vega strike engine. We get it, you have a shitty knot of developers who are eager to take everything we've done and use it for your own ends. That's not going to happen. So, do yourself a favor and shut the hell up and go away. Seriously, you're the worst kind of cancer and a prime example of why I loathe the open source game community.

Brad

I'm sorry to LOAF and the others for the language, but good god. Charlie, i'm pretty sure this is the reason why you were banned once before.

I don't know, if you do a search for his other posts you'll see that he's basically every flavor of horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back