Landing on Carriers and other suggestions

• Thread starter ColonleFireball
  • Start date
Bandit LOAF said:
I would argue that there was a very conscious move away from Firekkans when Origin tried to franchise Wing Commander -- I believe dropping them from Super Wing Commander was a conscious design. Someone felt the "alien races all look like big animals" concept was silly (and heck, I can't rightly disagree).
And of course, Firekkans don't appear much in the Landreich area where Pioneer takes place.

(that having been said, I personally would love to see more about the Firekkans - yes, giant birds are silly, but they have been introduced, so the damage is done, so to speak. The best thing that could be done with them now is to reveal more about them in order to de-sillify them)

I wonder if the Firekkans would make good piltos, since they, you know, are naturally fit to fly. Like the Alkari on MOO.

Firekkans can't be any more silly then the bugs in WCP. More story on them would be nice in the game. Of course it'd have to be all fan written so there'd always be doubt as to whether it's true to the universe or just wishful thinking by the fans but heck I would still enjoy it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go get my crossbow score back...

Delance said:
I wonder if the Firekkans would make good piltos, since they, you know, are naturally fit to fly. Like the Alkari on MOO.
As a matter of fact, they do - Freedom Flight talks about that.

Back