Landing/Launching

vesuvius in plural?

i checked a latin dictionary - its male...doesn't say way declension but i guess it would 2nd...so the plural of vesuvius in LATIN would be vesuvii but in english to make better sense vesuviuses :)))

Originally posted by Chernikov
Wedge - Im pretty sure what youre looking at was NOT the dreadnought, but just one of the arms off it.

I didn't quite understand that.

Originally posted by Chernikov
LOAF: 103 meters for a DREADNOUGHT? There might have been a zero dropped in there somewhere.

I agree, I keep a little database (prob nowhere near as comprehensive as LOAF's) of WC data, and I have the Sivar listed as 1030m. Plus if you think about it, the PTC was put on the Confed dreadnought because there wasn't any other ship big enough for it, and the TCS Concordia was over 900m, IIRC.

Dear LOAF

Concering the comment that the arms of the Tigers Claw were luanch tubes. If they were then howcome:-

1. In every launch sequence you took off from the bay launching bay.

2. and more importantly if they are luanching tubes howcome if the final rendered sequence on the win path and the end of the game does green blots come from as it looks like they come form the tubes. ps what are the green blots???

Thanks for reading.

Those green things are the Tiger's Claw's heavy weaponry, used for bombarding planets.

You *don't* take off from the main bay in the intro sequence... you get shot out of an enclosed tube )note the sign on the wall as you're running to your fighter -- Launch Tubes 6-9)... the main bay is an *open* tube.

As for the Sivar, as far as I know the only length ever given for it is 103 meters. :)

What there were turents. I thought there was just flank. Dam inaccurate aim if they were lasers I just blow the fighters up park and kill.

Also I'm saying the side compartments on the thin arms are turents. If they were launch tubes it would tak a long time to move a fighter that landed to them and in combat if it was just rearming the claw would go blom as the fighter got to the end of the ship.

I'm positive there laser turrent. Play wc1 and see if you agree. ps if they had that technology then way go on about it being cuting edge in wcp and why wasn't it in wc2???

tigersclaw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I accept that there are launch tubes on the Tigers Claw but why arn't they on the concordia I mean with it being the flag ship and all it should have some high tech luanch system like the tigers claw. So why not??

Technical difficulties with the tube system? A change in philosophy of ships design? Perhaps the tubes require more resources and time to install, and the Confed class had to get pushed out in a hurry, like the Tarawa. She didn't have tubes either, but was way to small to have them. In fact she didn't have a lot of things :)

Launch tubes on the benegals

Did the benegals really have launch tubes, i dont think they did, maybe that feature was only on SWC, after all that was a different ship design, by the way does anyone have the plans for that, or for that matter anyone have SWC?

Back