Lame insults you tossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say shut this thread down, send those FS fanboys some free April 1 toothpastes and let´s have a couple beers, it´s Friday for crying out loud! :D

The people shoould read the april fools updates more closely, they are just jokes; the only one who was really insulted was Ackbar. :p

Let's settle this the gentlemenly way

when WC Saga's next release comes out i will certify it for multiplayer as quickly as possible, make TvT missions - and then we will have a tournament - CIC teams version FS2 teams :p

hehehehe [i am being funny, but that would be rather fun]

Now that I've calmed down. I think you guys understood that that got under my skin considering how much work i've done.

At the danger to be flamed by the invisible crossover fanboys from the saturnyan ice hell, that would ruin the two universes kazan, They would annihilate each other just leaving a burst of high energy gamma photons behind. :p

Kazan said:
STFU they came from different fundamental designs.

getoutofjail.JPG

Seriously, I think we can probably have an intelligent discussion about the whole Freespace situation now that everyone has let off some steam... if people are interested (aside from an0n, who tripped and fell into an IP ban hole...).

im already discussing ways of getting nav-point support in.

the easiest way wuold to copy the "red alert" code - have it instead show an animation ala-WC style while it's loading the next mission file and not show a briefing or anything.

that would get primative autonav support

could work, but the problem is that all the waypoints in WC are in one mission file. You may have noticed that you are able to get to any waypoint without autopilot - it just takes longer. Things like that should be discussed in the internal btw - I don't wan't to raise hopes we can't keep.

Well, I'm glad things calmed down, I'm not a massive player of Wing Commander, but I think I played 3 for a while, I figured out the Kilrathi did it early though ;)

Actually, the SCP is pulling some incredible stuff out now, for example....

http://www.aqsx85.dsl.pipex.com/images/HPFenris1.jpg

This is the new Hardware Texture and Lighting optimised Fenris class cruiser. Still a WIP, but looking very approachable :) And, using a little bit of imagination...

http://www.aqsx85.dsl.pipex.com/images/NewDawn.jpg

Yes, that's ingame :) Well, except the text ;)

So, we're pretty proud of what Kazan and the rest of the SCP team have done :)

Lynx: yes i noticed that - hence why i said an alternative version of red-alert would be primative autonav support.

I'm not sure how well the underlying freespace engine would adapt to real nav points. -- That's why im trying to rev up developement for the ferrium engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back