KS WC1 CD - which issue of PCGamer ?

bw_dave

Spaceman
Well I've heard a lot of talk about PC-Gamer putting WC1, KS version on the cover of their magazine. So I went to order this back-issue, and guess what? I couldn't find anywhere on their website where they actually talk about what is in past issues.

So could someone please fill me in on which month's issue I would need to buy to get this CD.

Thanks.

Hey dave, I tried the same. I even wrote them a email but never got answer. If you have more luck than me, please inform me.

I was going to try and fax them ... they have a fax number for ordering back issues on their website. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Would the back issues contain the CD? Shure would be a waste if all you got was the magazine! I just sent email also and still await an answer! I also used to get this magazine via mail and none of the issues had any CD's! :(

RFBurns

[Edited by RFBurns on 03-15-2001 at 18:18]

You can also get them off of eBay... but the best way to find out how to order backissues would be to check the current issue of PC Gamer, the instructions will be there.

The PC Gamer Website has a section that lets you request a replacement CD if yours was lost, damaged, or you never got it. I can't remember the exact URL, but the PC Gamer website is http://www.pcgamer.com

Hopefully, you might be able to get one

They wont respond to my email!! :mad: I want all those CD's that never came with my magazines! They owe me!! 2 years worth!! Wheres my T bomb!

RFBurns

[Edited by RFBurns on 03-16-2001 at 13:40]

If you're not getting CD's with your subscription, it probably means that you subscribed for the cheaper, non-CD edition.

I think I subscribed to the ones that were supposed to get CD's. I think someone was tampering with my mail!! I never got a single CD! :mad: And now they wont answer my email! GRRRRR!

RFBurns

Well I got a reply from PC Gamer in the end. So you can easily order a copy of this CD ... here is the reply they sent me when I emailed them:

That is the price for the disc and shipping & handling, there are no
additional fees. To place your order, please contact us by fax at
319-259-0110, include with your request this issue month/year, that you
want disc only and your credit card information. We'll handle your order.

>Hi there,
>
> I was wanting to order a copy of your July 2000 cover CD, to
>have it sent to me in Australia. I was wondering what I would be=20
>looking at for postage costs. Your website says $10 to order
>the CD internationally. So what sort of postage cost should I
>add to this?
>
> I would like to pay via credit card, so would fax the info to you
>once you let me know the cost.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

I also got in touch with a guy via ebay who will sell his copy for around $6. I think I'll order a new one now, so here is his address if you want to email him:

nathan_arendt@yahoo.com

Hope this helps someone :)

All I got was some answer machine at customer service, but at least its a start! Maybe they will call back. . . . . .

RFBurns

Ok they called me back! Took my address and said "Should be out to you in a couple weeks". They did not take any credit card info or anything. I guess they are sending it free!! :D

RFBurns

Originally posted by RFBurns
Ok they called me back! Took my address and said "Should be out to you in a couple weeks". They did not take any credit card info or anything. I guess they are sending it free!! :D
RFBurns

Lucky one. :)

Back