KS Joystick Problems

MadDog243

Rear Admiral
When I was playing KS yesterday, my joystick froze in the middle of space combat. It works for a few seconds each time i enter a game, but then craps out. It works fine with other applications and i havent experienced any problems with KS before, and i have had it over a year. Somebody help me!

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

version 7.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I have DX6, and my KS works great. I heard that some games have problems with DX7.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Well, i dont think its a DirectX problem because I have had version seven a while and havent experienced problems since two days ago.

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

OK, what has changed just before this started happening (though you should try the DX thing, stuff just happens sometimes
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have DirectX version 7.0a. I had problems with my joystick too, until I downloaded 7.0a. 7.0a has certain fixes for USB and input devices.

------------------
Why don't we do it in the road?

Ok, Ive tried everything. I've tried every version of DirectX known to man, and still have this same persisting problem. I would love a suggestion, but maybe i should just reinstall it

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I have certain problems with the speech in KS being garbled and occasionally skipping/repeating. I sthis direct-x related or cd spin related?

It is quite possibly Direct X... (easy to check, there is a copy of version 3 on the CD I believe...) If that doesn't help post some specs so we can guess (That's all we ever seem to do... guess
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
Back