Klavs Crams Fighters In (December 12, 2005)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking Great So Far!

Those are some awesome images. I especially like the third pic featuring the Ferret. The angle of shot works really well. I also like the idea of seeing the ships in a slightly different environment (on the deck instead of in space).

Excellent job on the renderings. It looks like things are coming along nicely.

Some of the best looking WC Art I think. I love the more realistic look of the armor plating-- a paint scheme I can see being more realistic. These images accurately capture what I've always imagined WC to be when I brainstormed stories.

Finally someone who took the wc1/2 art and didn't make it look like cardboard comic book fighters. Fantastic work keep it up.

Hi!

thanks for keeping the WC community abreast of my Scifi-meshes thread, I've also got some artwork posted in the 3d art gallery (including some model box art I think you'll get a kick out of), I'd post it to the WCnews forum but I haven't got around to making enough posts to allow for attachments!

I've also been sending updates to news@wcnews.com, but I have no idea if you've been getting 'em.

Thanks for an awesome site, I'd never have got interested again in WC if it hadn't been due largely to your psychotic devotion and tireless efforts! ;)

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26698

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26695

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26700

-Klavs

ps-Bearcat, it's not all in your head, I had Sparks cram a bunch of marshmellows into the airframes to absorb some extra hits from the kilrathi. Another example of "good" cholestorol!

Klavs81 said:
ps-Bearcat, it's not all in your head, I had Sparks cram a bunch of marshmellows into the airframes to absorb some extra hits from the kilrathi. Another example of "good" cholestorol!

That...explains...everything.

Everything looks awesome. This "new" coloring fits the modells into the WC3-4-5 "movie" era, makes em much more realistic! Great work there, on everything!

I checked out the other pictures-- absolutely beautiful, I'm in love with "The Long Run In." I don't suppose I could beg you to do a larger resolution or even a widescreen resolution for those of us who would love a hi-res version on our desktop?

Absolutely beautiful, my favorite WC Art to date.

Flex said:
I checked out the other pictures-- absolutely beautiful, I'm in love with "The Long Run In." I don't suppose I could beg you to do a larger resolution or even a widescreen resolution for those of us who would love a hi-res version on our desktop?

I already asked for that exact same thing. :) As a general tip for other artists making presentation images these days, a lot of people run 1280x and even higher/widescreen resolutions these days.

ChrisReid said:
I already asked for that exact same thing. :) As a general tip for other artists making presentation images these days, a lot of people run 1280x and even higher/widescreen resolutions these days.

I'll have to remember that...I'm so used to always doing 1024x768 renders since that's what I used to always have mine set at. I"m working on a little something different though right now...

Back