KIS Hha'ifra

What ever happened to the Rigakh I don't remember it ever being destroyed. But you start WC3 and suddenly the new command ship is the Hvar Khan.

If you were the prince to a gigantic Empire, would you not want to have control of the most powerful ship at your fingertips? The Hvar Khan was clearly superior to the Rigakh.

I would have loved to see her square off against the Concordia in a broadside battle.

I do believe that the original plan for the final mission on the winning path of WC2 would have had you shoot down Thrakath's flagship along with the K'tithrak Mang starbase, which is why you get given six torpedoes instead of four in for that mission.

Before I read about what happened to the Concordia. I was certain that the Concordia had been destroyed in a fight with a Dreadnaught like what frostytheplebe was saying. It seemed like only a Dreadnaught had the sheer firepower to send the Concordia to her watery resting place.

I always liked to imagine that it was a final overloading shot from her own PTC, taking the enemy with her of course.

I always liked to imagine that it was a final overloading shot from her own PTC, taking the enemy with her of course.

I think it was probably all the torpedo strikes she had taken over the years that weren't ever fully repaired in a full refit. It's noted time after time how each time a repeating character runs into her she's got a few more scars than before. She was always in the heat of the action and was almost never pulled off the line for a refit.

Even though that could be put in the S*S reference thread as well, it's fitting here:

as I just finished (again) S*S yesterday, I stumbled upon this (p. 56):

"Blackfish cloak: The weapon that destroyed the Tiger's Claw, Concordia and Behemoth..."

Looks like those crappy Strakhas are responsible for some of the biggest losses.

I think it was probably all the torpedo strikes she had taken over the years that weren't ever fully repaired in a full refit. It's noted time after time how each time a repeating character runs into her she's got a few more scars than before. She was always in the heat of the action and was almost never pulled off the line for a refit.

She surley suffered a lot of beatings. But doesn't the Aramda manual tell us that the Concordia hab been retired to backwater systems for patrol duty?
I can imagine very well that Thrakhath still wanted her hunted down after all those problems she posed to him.

Agreed sir, I would think blasting the Concordia was considered a 'matter of honour' for the Kilrathi high command rather than a neccessary strategic commitment of forces. Having said that, a dreadnought is still a dreadnought - better to knock her out while she was still weak rather than risk her being refit.

Even though that could be put in the S*S reference thread as well, it's fitting here:

as I just finished (again) S*S yesterday, I stumbled upon this (p. 56):

"Blackfish cloak: The weapon that destroyed the Tiger's Claw, Concordia and Behemoth..."

Looks like those crappy Strakhas are responsible for some of the biggest losses.

She surley suffered a lot of beatings. But doesn't the Aramda manual tell us that the Concordia hab been retired to backwater systems for patrol duty?
I can imagine very well that Thrakhath still wanted her hunted down after all those problems she posed to him.

I think she was relegated to backwaters because of the fact she had taken so much damage over the years that had never been properly repaired. I don't think the kats hunted her down but instead she happened to respond to a raid that they conducted and in the process was lost.

Maybe.

Still, in WC2 Thrakhath assigns Khasra's squadron to a single task: the destruction of the Concordia. :) Of course, she was threatening his operations at that moment.

Still, after all the damage she did to the Kilrathi war effort, I think it's not unreasonable to see it as "matter of honour" for Thrakhath, as Kavok said. And stealth fighters are reserved for high priority targets, aren't they?

Well, we don't know...yet!

Maybe.

Still, in WC2 Thrakhath assigns Khasra's squadron to a single task: the destruction of the Concordia. :) Of course, she was threatening his operations at that moment.

Still, after all the damage she did to the Kilrathi war effort, I think it's not unreasonable to see it as "matter of honour" for Thrakhath, as Kavok said. And stealth fighters are reserved for high priority targets, aren't they?

Well, we don't know...yet!

Perhaps. I'm not sure though if after recently being forced back from Sol, if Thrakhath would have committed a major effort into destroying 1 carrier, especially fairly deep in Confed.

I do agree that Thrakhath had a special spot for the Concordia, but I guess we really just don't know enough about what happened post-BoT *yet* hopefully it will be filled in some day.

You know, it occurred to me that maybe it wasn't Strakhas that destroyed the Concordia- all we know is that cloaks were involved. What about Skippers?

You know, it occurred to me that maybe it wasn't Strakhas that destroyed the Concordia- all we know is that cloaks were involved. What about Skippers?

The Wing Commander 3 novel explains that Strakhas were involved in the Behemoth strike.

Absolutely possible, I only jumped at the Strakha fighters because they were the ones that destroyed (or help destroy) the Tiger's Claw and Behemoth.
But Skipper seem even more rare to me than stealth fighters, speaking even more in favour of a vendetta against the Concordia. Pure speculation, of course.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a torpedo either...I mean the Kilrathi sure were fond of ramming things.

That's how Strakha helped destroy the Behemoth.

The Kilrathi pilot continued his maneuver even as the armor was being ripped off his stern section. The Strakha was changing course, but no longer in an evasive turn. He was lining up on a vector only slightly different from his previous heading… straight toward the Behemoth.

With a shock, Blair realized that the pilot's new course had his fighter aimed directly at one of the exposed shield generator housings that Tolwyn had indicated as a weak point in the weapons platform's defenses. The Kilrathi pilot had decided to make his death count...

The Strakha came apart, but hurtling chunks of debris stayed on course, raining on the surface of the Behemoth. A ripple of explosions erupted from the huge vessel's hull. A moment later, two nearby Kilrathi ships let loose missile barrages to take advantage of collapsing shields on the weapons' platform. Flint and Maniac accounted for the two cats, but the damage was already done.

Blair could see lifepods and shuttles detaching from the Behemoth as the explosions spread and swelled. He pulled up sharply, steering back through a gauntlet of Kilrathi Strakha, knowing he had to put some distance between his fragile fighter and the doomed planetkiller.

Back