Kilrathi/Ultima

Ladiesman^

Spaceman
Ok, i've never really played the Ultima games and now i'm confused. I hear two TOTALLY different agruements, and i'd like to settle this.

I was reading the PC Gamer that had WC on it's demo disk, and in the Ultima section is reads "In an intresting product tie in, the aliens encountered in Ultima are revealed in a later game to be the Kilrathi. The Kilrathi are the aliens faught in Wing Commander."

Now, LOAF has told me that they ARE NOT in Ultima, but one of their ships is hidden in Ultima 7.

Many others have told me otherwise. Minaru in Wingnut told me that there were indeed many references to the Kilrathi.

Another point (while not necessarily the best) My freind who is a HUGE Ultima fan has just started playing a few of the Wing Commander games. He noted to me, without my asking, that there was a cat-like race in Ultima with advanced technology that he thought were the Kilrathi.

Are they or are they not in it? Why my intrest? No clue. It's just something i'd like to know.

Never heard what you're talking about before, but how involved are these alleged Kilrathi? Could they just be an 'Easter Egg'?

If that happened, it was after Ultima 6. The closest I can figure that they mean is the Gargoyles in Ultima 6, but they're really nothing at all like the kats. There were a lot of other jokes, though. The series seems to have had trouble taking itself seriously (like all good games).

In Ultima VII there's a Kilrathi fighter (Thrakhath's ship) that you can find in a field near Britain... if you talk to the farmer nearby, he tells you about how he was attacked by a cat-thing that wanted to "Kill Wrathy". This is an *easter egg* -- an in-joke for our amusement. No Ultima plot in any way involves the Kilrathi.

(When you click on the ship, it plays the WC2 Kilrathi theme MIDI).

Hmm, I've got Ultima VII and Ultima VIII together with WC2 and several others bundled in with the SB package I got years ago. I never worked out how to play them, and I'm not that crazy about RPGs, but one of these days I might try again, if only to find that Bloodfang. :)

No, I can get it running, I just can't be bothered to figure out how to play it. I barely have any playing time these days anyway.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
There's actually a fan-made Win95 patch for U7 now.

Where?? i have the top ten pack and i have never been able to get that game to work

Thanks for clearing that up. I've just been gotting alot of contradicting answers from people, and I knew that the CZers would know.

Yeah, but I think it meant more to hear it here with some other poeple backing it up. Because I STILL get mixed answers on this, but MORE of them are saying no. So I believe the no.

As a general rule, when it comes to Wing Commander, and it's down to LOAF versus Minaru... LOAF is always right.

Back