Kilrathi Saga?

binaural218

Spaceman
Does anyone know where to get KS for less than 100 dollars? It cannot be found anywhere, except Ebay, for a million dollars (sarcasm). Any help woud be apprectiated.

well, TKS is a collectors item so you have to lay some money. when it's on eBay, the bids go over $150 sometimes... Euro? Hmz, we have to pay with that soon too :D

Originally posted by binaural218
Does anyone know where to get KS for less than 100 dollars?
(...)
Looking at how much it sells on eBay... do you really think we'd tell you, even if we knew? ;)

But seriously, stop dreaming! Unless you come across it in some garage sale in your neighbourhood (in which case, I also suggest you buy a lottery ticket, 'cause apparently it's your lucky day), Kilrathi Saga doesn't sell anywhere I know below $150, and the only place I know of is eBay...

You might eventually try to post an ad in the paper, like someone here did. The guy got a response after 2 days, and ended up getting it for free after fixing the seller's computer as a personal favour! That damn lucky bastard! ;)

You do realize that the version you downloaded has been nicely raped and, as I understand it, has no music, don't you?

TC

i saw it at an old comp store, but some old geezer took it and i had no idea how rare it was until i looked it up on ebay that night.......................

I simply posted a request on 'nl.markt.comp' (a Dutch newsgroup for selling/buying computer related stuff). Some guy responded and a week later I had it for just fl. 75,- (which is €34.03, so about $30).
I guess he didn't know he could make a fortune with it on eBay. I sure wasn't the one to tell him. :D

For letting a Kilrathi Saga copy go past, it's hard to beat mine. I saw a brand new one on the shelf when it was first released, the last one in the store, and walked past it to buy one of the C&C expansions. Doh!

Best, Raptor

You do realize that the version you downloaded has been nicely raped and, as I understand it, has no music, don't you?

Well... yeah. Plus, it screwed up on some files, so the Concordia Briefing room was a picture of the rec room :)... and the sound for Laser fire was the same as a missile lock... and the thing made WC2 Maniac look dead... wait no, he does look dead. The rest is true though. Imagine missile lock-rapier lasers and Briefing in the rec room...

SO2 Maniac DOES look pretty embalmed, doesn't he?

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-
I downloaded it at...! Wait, I can't say, that wouldn't be legal... ....:D
Indeed it wouldn't. Unfortunately that won't do you much good.
11) Linking to, offering, requesting, or hinting at the existence or whereabouts of warez, abandonwarez or other illegal content, can result in immediate banning.

Originally posted by Raptor
For letting a Kilrathi Saga copy go past, it's hard to beat mine. I saw a brand new one on the shelf when it was first released, the last one in the store, and walked past it to buy one of the C&C expansions. Doh!
Oh, sure, I gotcha beat, right heah:
About 4 yrs ago, I saw a copy at a local EB store for $20. I bought it, took it home, and opened it up to see what was included, read the doc's, etc. I was impressed, but was still toolin' away on my Win3x/DOS box, and hadn't even gotten W95 yet. So, I reasoned, I can always buy it later in the discount rack if I decide I want it (Unbeknownst to me, pigs flew, hell froze over, etc....)

BIG mistake! Arrrgggghhhhh!! %$^#&#@!'ing fool!

**whacks self in face w/ a cold dead mackerel**

:mad:

I got you all beat.

Time for the oft-repeated story of how...

KILRATHI SAGA KICKED MY ASS!

I ordered Kilrathi Saga from EA Direct the minute it became available. This, of course, involved all the pain and drudgery of ordering anything from EA in 1996 ("You say we sell com-puter games? Reckin' I'll check with ma boss!")... and, of course, their patented "take two weeks to deliver something via expensive overnight shipping" method. ace got his copy first, and this made me hate ace.

Anywho, it was a bad day for me -- I'd found out I had to have more eye surgery as soon as possible; but I (quite seriously) took a lot of solace in the fact that I'd get Kilrathi Saga as soon as I got home from the doctors. It'd be waiting, and I could read the cool manual ace had been bragging about. God, I hated ace!

I got home, rushed to the door... and there was one of those damnable "We tried to deliver..." notes from FedEx (to this day such notes invoke incredible rage) -- apparently Doctor Brilliant, MD at EA Direct had ignored my specific request *not* to require delivery confirmation. God, I was so angry, I could hit the wall!

Only it wasn't a wall, it was a glass door.

Ten hours of waiting around the hospital and twenty stiches to my arm later I was back home.

(The post script is that my mom skipped work, went to FedEx before they opened and got KS so I could read the manual right before I had eye surgery. I couldn't play it, as I had to spend the next two months lying on my face after the eye surgery... but it was one hell of a manual).

Back