Kilrathi Saga WC III Help

ExcalPilot1

1st Lieutenant
Hello Much-More-Tech-Savy-Than-I-Am WingNuts. I just got my first PC set up (I've been a Mac person forever, so it's a huge leap for me), and I'm having difficulty playing WC III. The game refuses to load after the intro movie. While I love that intro, I would also like to be able to play my fav WC game on the platform it's designed for. If anyone could be of any help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Which version of WC3 are we talking about. Is it the DOS version or the Kilrathi Saga version? What OS are you running?

The Kilrathi Saga version. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition

Have you tried setting the compatability mode? Right-click the executable and then choose properties, go to the compatability tab and choose win85 or 98.

I do know that the Kilrathi Saga can be finicky in anything past Win95/98. Sometimes it's actually easier to get the DOS version running in DOSBOX than the Kilrathi Saga version.

There's a direct draw fix that should get rid of most issues with the Kilrathi Saga version of WC3 but I don't know if it only works in vista and Win7 or if it's good to go for XP as well. You can give that a try too: http://download.wcnews.com/files/ks/ddhack10.zip

Back