Kilrathi Saga re-release?

Raid

Spaceman
Does any-one know of any plans to re-release the Kirathi Saga or perhaps a new collection of wing commander games,like all of them in a set with all the add-ons and optimized for win 95/98. Or at least adding 3D to them.... Alot of companies are doing that now I hear....

"Or at least adding 3D to them." - at least adding 3D to them? Adding 3D to them is the last thing on Origin's collective mind.
As for re-releasing KSaga, there have been some efforts aimed at achieving this, but I don't know if they actually got anywhere. LOAF?

Must people always rape the classics? Are graphics all they care about?

Kilrathi Saga has already been re-released, and there's probably not a snowball's chance in hell it's going to be released a third time.

Nope.....Just want to play them on my computer... Don't only care about graphics and don't want to rape nothing. I've been playing games since the late 70's... And I love all the old classics just as they are. 3D is the big craze now and I was just wondering! Lighten-up guys! When was the Saga re-released?

[This message has been edited by Raid (edited February 13, 2000).]

Watch what you said Raid. I've been yelled at alot already for telling them to lighten up. J/K (I've inserted this so that people won't take it the way Earthworm did.) When was KS re-released? There wasn't a KS EA Classics edition was there? If there was, I don't think that all those people would be getting 100-200 bucks out of them on Ebay.
wink.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fireball SC (edited February 13, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
KS was re-released when it was re-released.
biggrin.gif

Fireball SC, Raid, maybe you two should lighten up. The topic of releasing the older games with new 3D graphics was discused many times here, and on agwc, and it's always a pointles one. Releasing the older games would not bring any profit to Origin (the original versions or with new graphics). And it would be raping the classics. If you don't care about 3D graphics why did you ask about it then? It's actualy quite easy to get the older games runing under WinXX, and on the newer machines. However, if all you care are prety colors go play FreeSpace.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

He mean just that. KS was already re-released. And I'm asuming it was either in 97 or 98.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Ok. That what I wanted to know. I didn't know it was re-released. I've only seen ones that came out in '96.

------------------

First I'm new here and did not know this topic had been beaten into the ground. I like games with 3D, and games without. I have heard that alot of games are getting the 3D treatment. So, I wondered if Origin had any plans for the WC series. I was able to buy a computer for the first time, last year. So, I've missed out on all the cool older games. I remember in 1990 I think it was, drooling over the articles on WC. I've had no luck getting WC3 running on my system and I doubt I'd have any with the older games; I'm new to computers. So, I have a great interest in versions of WC games that run in windows. And If the only way I'm ever going to get to play the older games is if they 3D them...then I'm all for it! If any-thing I've said angers or upsets any-one... You have my apology. I meant no harm. Sincerly, Raid

You don't need to apologise for anything.
biggrin.gif

Did you ask for help with geting WC3 to run on the Tech Support BB? In you didn't then you should, there's some realy good people there that will probably help you.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

Thank-you Earthworm. Yes, I've posted on the tech board... Stinger has been so kind as to help me.. But I'm still not having much luck...

KS was originally released in 1996, and was re-released mid 1998 I believe. For $25 US, it pretty much was an EA Classic, sans the blueish box. You can get the old games to run without a hitch on even the newest of systems, and I'm sure the tech support zone people will be able to set you up.

Thank-you... I'll keep trying. I may go ahead and hunt down the other games...I appreciate the help.

Raid, don't feel bad. I've spent like 100 bucks on the old WC games (WCIV, WCIII, WCII SE, WC Armada, etc) and can only get WCIV and sometimes WCIII to work, but its sketchy.

------------------

Thanks Fireball SC, I'm playing WCPSO's right now... So, things arn't so bad... I'm quite happy actually!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Raid (edited February 14, 2000).]

Actualy, it's WCSO, it isn't an addon to Prophecy, or any other WC game.

Anyhow, if you can find those older games, than we can help you get them working.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

I have WC3... and I'm having alittle trouble with it.. Stinger has been cool enough to offer advice. but I have'nt got it going. Not in a real hurry tho... I'm still playing SO ...check out my post on the tech board and let be know what you think. And as always, I thank you for any and all help! .... Raid

Back