Kilrathi Saga query?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is referring to how WinXP flat-out refuses to run any DOS-based game (that is, any game that predates Win95, such as WC1-3), and runs some newer games only with great difficulty.

Originally posted by Karthik@KANE
And can anyone please answer my query!

Okay. If I recall correctly, I don't think it was more than twenty megs per game.

It might be better to simply make a cheap Pentium or 486 system using Windows 95, so that way you can run all your WC games flawlessly. There are a lot of people here who can probably tell you what parts and where to get them. If you have the originals, you don't need KS.

Kilrathi Saga versions of WC1 and WC2 take 20 mb per game but without remade cd-style music - wich is the best thing in this remake - and intro movie (in WC4 style featuring if I recall correctly Hornet, Sabre, Excalibur and Dralthi) - it all takes together more than 500 mb.

Originally posted by Dominator
Kilrathi Saga versions of WC1 and WC2 take 20 mb per game but without remade cd-style music - wich is the best thing in this remake - and intro movie (in WC4 style featuring if I recall correctly Hornet, Sabre, Excalibur and Dralthi) - it all takes together more than 500 mb.

Omy GOD!

*falls into a coma for 4 hours*

I saw illegal version of KS that was packed to about 70 - 80 mb. It was full version even with movie. It was possible to pack this to such small size due to ineffecient (in terms of size, not quality)format of music files in original game. Still if I remember correctly it was packed about 4 times with different programs.

Nobody's really said anything stupidly wrong or anything, I'm just going to close this before it gets into areas it really shouldn't.

[13:55] <Ghost> gahm you closed the soon to be KS topic :(
[13:55] <Ghost> the soon to be fun KS topic, thats it!
[13:56] <TC> I let it go for days... I didn't want Kris finding it and killing random people :(

Ah well, I tried. Not very hard, but tried none-the-less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back