Kilrathi Saga Prices

LividLiquid

Rear Admiral
I've been holding onto my copy of Kilrathi saga for ages thinking I'd never sell it, but now I'm in finantial trouble and need money to move to Houston. Thought I'd sell it. Last I checked it was worth about 300 on Ebay. And now... 30 bucks! What the hell happened?!

The only ones that have gone for under $100 are those with low Buy it Nows. However in the last six months a significant percentage of the people looking for KS have figured out how to get the original DOS games running perfectly in DOSBox.

There are some cheap kilrathi sagas over here in the UK at the moment. Mine cost me the equivalent of $200, £120. There are some that are only at £21 if anyone is desperate.

I would suggest once again that everyone try the DOS originals. They are much much cheaper, and with DOSBox, most people with Windows XP can get them running flawlessly. KS is nice: it has some redone music and drop away cockpits, among other things, but it also introduces a couple of new glitches. I've got both here, and I play the DOS originals more now that I have them running smoothly.

Though, of course, the most important reason to get KSaga has always been the calendar and the expanded manual.

talking of getting the originals to work. I am trying to WC2 to work on dosbox. I have a cd version that needs the cd to run. Can anyone help me with the lines I need to put in to run that cos it keeps crashing every time it goes to the cut sequences talking to bases and such

climber said:
talking of getting the originals to work. I am trying to WC2 to work on dosbox. I have a cd version that needs the cd to run. Can anyone help me with the lines I need to put in to run that cos it keeps crashing every time it goes to the cut sequences talking to bases and such

First, this is the obligatory reminder to peruse through the threads in the tech support forum.

Second, with wc2 deluxe edition cd, dont bother with cd support. Go to my computer and create a c:\wing2 directory on your harddrive. Now on the CD, copy all the contents of the wing2 directory to the wing2 directory that you created on your hardrive. NOTE: do NOT bother with the files in the root directory of the CD. Remove the Disk from the CDROM and store it in a safe place.

Now, in DOSBox, after mounting your C:\ drive, set up your sound options by running the WINSTALL file in your wing2 directory on your HD (Note: if it exists in the folder do not run INSTALL, you need to run WINSTALL , it won't wreck anything but it just doesnt work properly either) Then run wc2 or so1 or so2 to play the game.

If it still crashes chech the support forum and leave a more specific message about any error messages or events causing it to crash.

Quarto said:
Though, of course, the most important reason to get KSaga has always been the calendar and the expanded manual.

I would agree with you. Unfortunately the one I purchased on ebay came only with the discs themselves. :(

But I did get it for 80 dollars which I felt wasn't too bad.

Concerning the CD support in DOSBox... a simple mount X Y:\ -t cdrom should do. X is the intended drive letter, Y is the actual drive letter.

Shipgate said:
I would agree with you. Unfortunately the one I purchased on ebay came only with the discs themselves. :(

But I did get it for 80 dollars which I felt wasn't too bad.

I got my first copy sans calendar with a smashed box for $63. It came as part of an eBay lot of WC games. The KS was not mentioned in the auction title or its description- I saw the box in the photographs. I bought my second copy still in the shrink wrap from an Origin employee for about $200.

In my experience a typical complete, clean, opened copy usually goes for about $100-$125 on eBay.

I bought KS a year ago for $90. Sold it a month later for $220. I can get all the old WC games to work via dosbox now anyways.

I got mine for $89 but I have seen it go all the way up to $240. I only got it for disc 1 the other discs are all WC3 and I have 2 copies of that.

If I remember right, I got mine for $80.00 or so about 3 years ago. Maybe 4. I had $150.00 set as my maximum bid. It was mint, and had everything. I didn't get it to collect, I got it to use.

My version of the Kilrathi Saga was Windows based when I at one time I only had Wing Commander 3 on PC and 4 on Playstation.
I remember finding at the bottom of a box of games in a store in Adelaide which they were trying to get rid of. I think I bought it for $20 or something. I don't think the guys would remember the value this game had let alone the fan base network it has..

sweeto

Back