Kilrathi Saga joystick problems

U

Unregistered

Hello all,

I've got a logitech wingman extreme plugged into one of my USB ports but none of the games will recognize that its there. No response at all (well, not exactly true, if I try to run wing commander 2 with it plugged in the cursor gets stuck in the upper left but other than that...)

No trigger responses, no steering, nada.

Help?
(xp, pentium 1.6Ghz)

Have you installed the drivers?

Have you calibrated it in Windows?

Have you talked to Logitech (since this is their product, tehy probably know more than we do about it)?

Is this showing up in just Wing Commander games or is it also showing up in other games?

Beyond asking these questions, I can't do very much. I don't really use joysticks. But the answers might be helpful to someone else.

If you are using MS Dos as your OS, forget it. MS Dos doesn´t recognise USB devices.
Kilrathi Saga joystick problems
Yeah, that's a good question, what OS are you running?
(xp, pentium 1.6Ghz)
Reading is difficult, I know ;)

Anyway, we need more info to be able to help you. Best to start with, are Moonsword's questions.
Oh, and which "Logitech Wingman Extreme" are you talking about? I guess not the original one, nor the Digital version, cause both never were sold with usb support. (way to old). I'd guess "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro". Is that right?
You might also want to try one of these:
My WingMan® game controller is not working in my game. Why?

Before deciding that it is WingMan® software at fault, or something wrong with your WingMan® game controller, please go through these few checks first.

Is the game setup to use a gamepad, joystick, or wheel? This is usually found somewhere in the game's menu system. Often times there is an option for "Controller Config", etc.

Verify that the game controller is functioning correctly using the "Gaming Options" panel. Are all of the axes, buttons, and forces (if applicable) working?

Is the game controller you are trying to use assigned as ID1? A fair amount of games on the market only poll devices that are assigned as ID1. When the game programmers take their time and pay attention to detail, then this is usually not an issue.

If the above items are done, and seem to be ok, then you may want to contact the game manufacturer. The contact information for each company is usually in the game's manual somewhere.
No idea if it really helps you, I just copied it from the Wingman FAQs ^^

My apologies "Unregistered" for my "killjoy" reply to your problem.
If you do have a MS Dos WC game, there may be a solution out there. See my post USB and MS Dos.

Thanks for the responses so far. Here's some answers to your requests for more details.

Oh, and which "Logitech Wingman Extreme" are you talking about? I guess not the original one, nor the Digital version, cause both never were sold with usb support.

Logitech wingman extreme digital 3d

Is the game setup to use a gamepad, joystick, or wheel? This is usually found somewhere in the game's menu system. Often times there is an option for "Controller Config", etc.[unquote]

Its confirmed as set to joystick

[quiote]Verify that the game controller is functioning correctly using the "Gaming Options" panel. Are all of the axes, buttons, and forces (if applicable) working?[unquote]

Where do I find this?

Is the game controller you are trying to use assigned as ID1? A fair amount of games on the market only poll devices that are assigned as ID1. When the game programmers take their time and pay attention to detail, then this is usually not an issue.[unquote]

How do I do this?

Verify that the game controller is functioning correctly using the "Gaming Options" panel. Are all of the axes, buttons, and forces (if applicable) working?

Where do I find this?
Hmm, I've got a German Windows, so maybe the names are wrong, but they should be similar to this anyway:
click on -> Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Gamecontroller
Now you should see your Joystick listed as Controller with Status OK. - If not, that's the problem.
And to check the Axes, buttons etc., just click on "Properties" and then you can test them.
Is the game controller you are trying to use assigned as ID1? A fair amount of games on the market only poll devices that are assigned as ID1. When the game programmers take their time and pay attention to detail, then this is usually not an issue.

How do I do this?
Once again click on -> Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Gamecontroller -> Advanced and select your Joystick. At least that is what I have to do under Windows XP Pro SP2

THE_WUQKED said:
Once again click on -> Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Gamecontroller -> Advanced and select your Joystick. At least that is what I have to do under Windows XP Pro SP2

YAHOO!!! IT WORKED!!! Thanks guys. I just had to set my joystick as the default device for older games.

Thanks a bunch.

Back