kilrathi saga and win xp

TopCat

Spaceman
Hello everybody,

I acquired last week "The kilrathi saga for win95",

Therefore I have some question,

first of all, I have an AMD Athlon 64 3200+, a radeon 9700pro 128 MB, 512 MB RAM and win xp. :D

- WC 3 runs perfectly with an "WC 3 xp patch" I got by http://www.topnalias.com/jx/EN/Download.htm . :p

- WC 1 and 2 are also working but to fast, I have to slow down the speed somhow. I started the game wc2 with the option "win95 compability" and it's still tto fast. :(

- is there a win95 emulator or the possibiltiy to run wc2 and wc3 slower? :confused:

It would be greate, if someone could help me out?

Greetings from TC

TopCat said:
- WC 3 runs perfectly with an "WC 3 xp patch" I got by http://www.topnalias.com/jx/EN/Download.htm.
Weird, since AFAIK, that's just the Kilrathi Saga specific files of WC3.

TopCat said:
- WC 1 and 2 are also working but to fast, I have to slow down the speed somhow.
The game sequences should run at normal speed. AFAIK, it's only the cutscenes which will play too fast. Just learn to read faster, is all I can suggest. ;)

TopCat said:
Greetings from TC
But... we already have a TC... :(

Your KS WC1 and 2 run too fast? wow, I didn't know that was possible ^^ (they run at correct speed on both my PIV 3/3.2Ghz, as well as my m8's 2.4Ghz Athlon XP - so I guess might be a athlon 64 routine or so.) Anyway, there are several ways to slow down your PC:
1. disable CPU cache in bios (that will slow it down a LOT, sometimes even too much :( )
2. you can use slow down tools like cpu killer and such (see wcnews download section or google)
3. try setting cpu priority to low and changing soundhardware acc. from 100% to a lower value (sometimes that helps as well)

EDIT: Lol, wedge is right, that's just the wc3 ks files (?) Didn't check the link ^^ - but maybe that guy implemented the win2k patch files now as well (I haven't checked it yet, so might be wrong)

Well,

no I ment when you plac wc2 it is to fast, not the sequences itself.

I know its only wc3 till 4 and prophecy on this page I wrote down. perhaps they will make us happy with an xp patch for wc 1 and 2 in the near future

thanks again, but I think I will wait until someone invents the win95 game emulator! :)

Bog :p

thanks again, but I think I will wait until someone invents the win95 game emulator!
That already exists. It's either called Windows Comp mode or MS Virtual PC (or similar progs)
And as I said above, that seems to be a prob with your pc, no general one with win xp. I've tried out several pcs, and other's did so as well, and you are the first one to mention it. So don't give up that fast, just keep trying. Best to start with is cpu killer.
Anyway those patches you mentioned are all (except the Joystick patch and maybe another one, the ks conversion patch, which legality is doubtfull) not made by themselves, just a simple collection.

Well o.k.,

I'll try it!! thanks

By the way I have also a Notebook, it's a Pentium 2,8 GHz. I will install K- Saga on the Notebook.... :D

See ya again Chef!!! :)

Back