Kilrathi Mythology

No, you're not hallucínating. Maybe it was the prophet Sivar who also seems to be around. But why would the prophet appear to the first prophetess of Kilrah?

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Maybe it was the prophet Sivar who also seems to be around. But why would the prophet appear to the first prophetess of Kilrah?
I thought the the use of "himself" was to designate the god(ess?) him/herself, because prophets are expected to contact people, gods are not.

No, you're not hallucínating. Maybe it was the prophet Sivar who also seems to be around. But why would the prophet appear to the first prophetess of Kilrah?

To issue a 'prophecy', mayhaps?

Originally posted by Destrier
Sivar is a goddess - at least, I've always understood her to be. Anyone who knows anything about Terran cats will see why this is so. Female cats are the hunters and the killers - thus Sivar, a War God, would be a hunter and killer (the God of the Running Death).

Male cats sit around and look good. :D
You're thinking of lions... whose hunting is mostly done by females. Cats on the other hand, have both females and males doing the hunting.
Originally posted by Preacher

Not necessarily: In Spanish, "Senor" (with that stupid ~ thing over the "n" that I can't figure out how to do on this board) can be used to mean the equivalent of (in English):
ALT + 164 (num keys) = ñ :)

What's with you and your love for Spanish anyway? <g>

Originally posted by mpanty

You're thinking of lions... whose hunting is mostly done by females. Cats on the other hand, have both females and males doing the hunting.

What Terran animals do has no bearing on how the Kilrathi think or behave.

Mmmmh for one thing I was simply correcting what Destrier said, but now that you mention it, I don't agree with what you said.

Remember that Kilrathi are a fictitious race created by humans, a race which possesses evident feline characteristics. It is fair to assume that he who created the Kilrathi, inspired himself from the animal instincts of our terran felines, even if the Kilrathi are an intelligent race that walks and talks, even if they don't hunt the same way cats or other felines on Earth do...

Yeah, probably in the Confed Handbook, which deals with the most arguable piece of WC...the movie. I rely more on the game's and novel's background rather than the film, but that's just me.

Originally posted by Wulf
Yeah, probably in the Confed Handbook, which deals with the most arguable piece of WC...the movie. I rely more on the game's and novel's background rather than the film, but that's just me.

Erm... no, not in the Confed Handbook.

Originally posted by Wulf

hehe, the other stuff's just as 'arguable'... it just all fits when you look back at it... I liked it better when people whined about how Privateer 2 didn't fit in, every few days... Or about thing's like Kruger's magical changing name!

Originally posted by mpanty

(...)
ALT + 164 (num keys) = ñ :)
(...)

Hey, do you also know how to make a 'ß'? Was a real pain in the ass when I was in France and couldn't enter my password because it has a 'ß' in it. :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
To issue a 'prophecy', mayhaps?

What a silly idea. :)

No, my point was that I first understood it as that Kt'lan was the first prophet at all. But of course, it can be read that Kt'lan was only the first female prophet (hence prophetess) and before there were male prophets (at least one, Sivar).

Hey, do you also know how to make a 'ß'? Was a real pain in the ass when I was in France and couldn't enter my password because it has a 'ß' in it. :)
Of course I do! :)

ALT + 225 = ß

In fact, I'm sure you'll find this page very useful...

http://www.csusm.edu/languages/links/writing/pcaccents.htm

There's even an alternative way to use ASCII codes if you wish, but it involves typing 4 numbers instead of 3, so the above method is better... :)

http://www.twinning.org.uk/ascii_codes.htm

Back