kilrathi fleet post war.

I'm pretty sure the fleet wasn't entirely destroyed -- heck, at least two of the five dreadnoughts that were actually *there* survived (the Hvarr Kann and the Vorghath).

No, the ships from Fleet Action were Hakaga-class heavy carriers. The H'varr Kann-class dreadnoughts were built after Fleet Action, as Thrakhath's 'final solution' to the war.

Most likely, Confed wanted to have everything heavier than Fralthis dismantled (the fact that a couple of Dreadnoughts and Hakagas escaped notice notwithstanding). Basically that means all of the fleet carriers and big battlewagons were supposed to get dismantled, but they got to keep a lot of lighter ships. The wrecked Fralthi II in WCP attests to the idea that the Kilrathi were allowed to keep their smaller ships.

The WCIV novelization also mentions that the Kilrathi were allowed to *resume* shipbuilding at some point between the end of the war and Wing 4...

(IIRC, the initial story in Prophecy was that the fleet were Cult of Sivar renegades... which is why they had something as heavy as a Fralthi II. Kilrathi capital ships do seem quite common in the early seventies, though -- Ragark certainly had dozens of destroyers and cruisers.)

ah.... doesnt really matter the fralthi2 was cut up anyway and its ocupants disected..... though i rekon it would be good to see a fight against the cats and the 15 foot tallk bugs, geez i wonder who would win...still be fun.

though i do seem to remember footage in a cut sceen showing the bug plasma weapon against a kilrathi fleet, personalyl i only thought the fleet was made up of 2 transports and a coula destroyers, well as far as i could see in the few seconds i had to count and catalog the ships, could be wrong.

still the kilrathi fighting with teh confederation would be a good thing to see, a coupla cat ships isnt enough we need dozens of caps and thousands of fighters mixen it up with the bugs.

what iu dont get is why the cat dreadnaught was so weakly armed for a ship of its size i mean the vesuviouse was almost as well armed and it was only 1/20th of its size seems the thing would have had at elast 500 turrets dozens of amg and dozens of torp launchers

yeah, but not by an overly large margine i mean hell a star destroyer could down it and that has 60 turbos and 60 ions, thats a capital ship weapons complement

The H'varr Kann-class has 38 dual laser batteries -- those are the big, high calibur weapons used for blasting other capital ships. It's got dozens upon dozens of smaller anti-fighter point defense batteriers (laser and mass driver)... it also carries a full complement of fighters, four very high caliber plasma weapons and a launch tube for planetary bombardment missiles.

Lord_Nathrakh said:
still the kilrathi fighting with teh confederation would be a good thing to see, a coupla cat ships isnt enough we need dozens of caps and thousands of fighters mixen it up with the bugs

Perhaps we would see that if they ever made another Wing Commander. Looking back on it, the missions fighting with the Kilrathi in WCP were very nostalgic.

Sometimes, just for kicks, me and Hawk go out kittysmashin. I even remember in WC4 when (although I wasn't supposed to) I would have myself a good ol twenty seconds or so of giving the cats hell in their little dralthis. Oh, and, that corvette in wcp . . toast. Man, I love killing cats. I hope there's a second, kilrathi war . . one that we're actually prepared for, instead of like the first time.

Lord_Nathrakh said:
yeah, but not by an overly large margine i mean hell a star destroyer could down it and that has 60 turbos and 60 ions, thats a capital ship weapons complement
This isn't the space-battles forum :(.

it doesnt really mean anything though does it.....say that a stardestroyer at 1.6 killometers has 120 weapons emplacements and say a coupla missle launch tubes thats still more weaponry then a 22km long kilrathi ship has......i mean damn u cant even see the weapons on the stardestroyer and they are more abundant then on the kilrathi dreadnaught.

im just sayen it would be more feasible to have say hundreds of laser cannons and dozens of anti fighter/ship tubes as well as dozens of amgs for cap defence.....it just seem that a ship of that size should be overly well armed

Except that the freaking dreadnought has more weapons than the star destroyer, which we've pointed out several times. Reading comprehension is key.

lets say a super stardestroyer then, 8 killomters to 18 depending on what sorce u go buy on starwars boards it says 12 km so lets say a ship 10 km smaller then a cat dreanaught attakcs it with mroe then 2000 weeapons both big and small, hypotheticly the ships weapons are roughly eqivilent, my point is a ship of that size is out classed by a ship almost half its size

Back