Kevin's Model Showcase Thread!

Kevin Caccamo

Rear Admiral
I've been waiting a long time to start this thread. I've been gaining experience with Wings3D and xNormal and becoming a lot more fluent using them.

Anyways, I'll get down to the dirt. This thread is where I'll showcase 3D work I've created. While I showcase my stuff, feel free to showcase your own as well.

Model downloads are available upon request.

I'll begin with the WC1 Kilrathi dorkir:

dorkir1.png

With textures:

dorktex1.png

dorktex2.png

I like the WC-1 Dorkir, The starbase looks almost exactly as it did in WC-2, I don't like the SWC Dorkir, or the SWC Drayman... although I like the SWC Drayman more than the SWC Dorkir...

Victoria Kent

I made some major improvements to the Drayman I was working on:

- Split the one ring into two rings
- Added/modified some misc stuff
- Made some corrections with the arms that reach from the first module to the second.
- The model now has 1522 polys non-triangulated

Drender5.png

Drender6.png

which you would double your actual poly count for the purposes of putting it into a game. which puts it around 3000 some odd, which is pretty decent.

which you would double your actual poly count for the purposes of putting it into a game. which puts it around 3000 some odd, which is pretty decent.

Yeah, I know. The poly count of a model seems to double when it is triangulated. Sometimes when I open the Origin models with Milkshape 3D (which automatically triangulates models), their poly count actually goes DOWN. Isn't that strange? Hehe...

Odd indeed. Whenever I model, I always keep a running count of its triangles, especially if its for a game. My usual goal is around 8k tris, depending on what i'm doing. 10k is perfectly reasonable as well now. Gives you some extra room to play with as far as detailing goes. But, more is less in my book overall though too.

The original models are interesting to see simply because they really didn't much care about model efficiency, and in some cases it really, really shows. Either that or they were corrupted at some point. But they are no doubt VERY cool.

Brad

Back