Just Say No to Poll Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Please, people... polls are a priviledge, not a whatever that other thing is -- do *NOT* post a zillion polls at once. Or we'll beat you with a leopard.

There hasn't been an ABUSE of the poll option. If you are referring to my use of them it's for a good reason. I'm just trying to see which fighter the people here prefer. Since I can't list any more than 10 options I had to find a way to eventually scale it down. Everyone thinks it's a great idea. The results are different from the original polls taken on the CIC. Most of us weren't around when that was done. At least let my new poll stay up there for its duration.

Originally posted by Colonel Hayden
There hasn't been an ABUSE of the poll option. If you are referring to my use of them it's for a good reason. I'm just trying to see which fighter the people here prefer. Since I can't list any more than 10 options I had to find a way to eventually scale it down. Everyone thinks it's a great idea. The results are different from the original polls taken on the CIC. Most of us weren't around when that was done. At least let my new poll stay up there for its duration.

You being new here, you don't get the fact that there's been a poll for "Whatz Yur Favoryte Fyghter?!?!" a baquazillion times since this time last year. We don't need to see another one and, frankly, I don't give a shoe-loving fuck what fighters people like. Why doesn't anyone conduct polls like "Who's the most annoying CZer?".

If you think everyone thinks your poll is a great idea, you must be thinking back to 1997 when people actually cared about that kinda stuff.

As for "Most of us weren't around when that was done", that's your own fault, ain't it? Get with the times, adjust, live your god-forsaken life. It's all been done. Enough with the polls or just disable them all together. What good do they actually do?!

Originally posted by LeHah
Why doesn't anyone conduct polls like "Who's the most annoying CZer?".

I think someone actually tried that one before but the Admins shutted it down. :D

Originally posted by LeHah

Enough with the polls or just disable them all together. What good do they actually do?!
Whoa! Sure I mean... enough with the CZ, enough with the CIC... what good does it actually do? :rolleyes:

I don't think we should shut down all polls but I do not think it is correct for every rookie here post six 10-fighter polls in their first week, not aware that we've voted on MANY similar polls before. They sign in here to join a GROUP mainly, not only to satisfy their own needs.

Originally posted by Colonel Hayden
I didn't think it was a great idea. I'm with LeHah. I don't do a lot of posting. I like to wait tell I have something worth saying. You need to remember that you don't paid any money for this site. There are space and bandwith issues that the Admins need to deal with to keep cost down. I don't know how they can paid for this site but I am grateful for it and for the work they put into it. Open your own site then you can create polls to your heart content.

And you need to give it a rest or go so where is.:mad:

I suggest allowing only people of ranks Major and higher to be allowed to make polls. Thank you.

That is a nonsense, the rank of someone doesn´t have to do with his ideas or knowledge about WC.

No, but it would keep the new people from posting a zillion polls the day they join.

There is no easy way of letting only people with a certain amount of posts open polls. We would have done so from the start if there was.

Oh come on guys. As much as I too dislike seeing 80 polls about anything (especially the same thing, basically) trying to come up with ideas to exclude others is being some kind of Facist system. I doubt the Admins want to put that much work into the issue, nor would they probably want the e-mails bitching about it.

While I do feel bad at the space taken up with all those polls/posts, you do have to admit-the fact that it was all based upon WC information is what this site is, supposedly, about. (Granted it takes up a lot of room for you to GET to threads you might want to get involved in-but you don't HAVE to go into all these poll-threads folks. :( )

You must also realise, that those polls also take up bandwidth which must be paid for. You wanna pay for it? The Admins pay for this site, not us. Its free so quit complaining.

Originally posted by Skyfire
. I doubt the Admins want to put that much work into the issue, nor would they probably want the e-mails bitching about it.

There are suprisingly few bitching e-mails sent to chatzone@... that, of course, does *not* mean we want some...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back