Just one of those things you find on the corner of the net...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second was mildly amusing but they're both terribly made (Ughh that horrible Font!). I honestly didnt find the first the least bit humorous.

This is part of the horrible new second-decade Internet. Myspaces, podcasts and things like this are destroying our way of life.

ChrisReid said:
This is part of the horrible new second-decade Internet. Myspaces, podcasts and things like this are destroying our way of life.
There needs to be a reservation we can live on, away from all this barbarism.

Heard the podcasts for the first time. It'd be fun to see them continue with interviews of fan projects.

Perhaps you have to be more familiar with Johnny Mnemonic...

You can have the cleverest in-joke in the world and it's not going to be funny -- all you did was plug a sound, a line of text and a picture into a form field.

YTMOD is a great example of what's wrong with the modern internet - taking something neat and deciding that if you make it so easy that stupid people can do it a million times, it'll be a million times neater. It's boring.

The original YTMOD wasn't funny because the end-all of humor is putting three unrelated elements together in a rehearsedly haphazard manner. Rather, it was funny because of the elaborate process that must have been involved in its creation -- you knew that the creator had registered a domain, signed up for a hosting service, recorded a sound, etc. all to put an entirely pointless joke on the internet. That's the payoff, not the 'concept' of the joke.

It was probably funny that Garfield liked lasagna and hated Mondays -- once.

Bandit LOAF said:
YTMOD is a great example of what's wrong with the modern internet - taking something neat and deciding that if you make it so easy that stupid people can do it a million times, it'll be a million times neater. It's boring.

What's a YTMOD? I assume you're referring to a YTMND (you're the man now, dog!)...

I'll agree that 99% of them are incredibly stupid... but there are a few funny ones out there, although they're hard to find.

What's a YTMOD? I assume you're referring to a YTMND (you're the man now, dog!)...

Perhaps the sheer depth of my dislike for your stupid internet culture didn't come across in my post.

Bandit LOAF said:
You can have the cleverest in-joke in the world and it's not going to be funny -- all you did was plug a sound, a line of text and a picture into a form field.

The original YTMOD wasn't funny because the end-all of humor is putting three unrelated elements together in a rehearsedly haphazard manner. Rather, it was funny because of the elaborate process that must have been involved in its creation -- you knew that the creator had registered a domain, signed up for a hosting service, recorded a sound, etc. all to put an entirely pointless joke on the internet. That's the payoff, not the 'concept' of the joke.

It was probably funny that Garfield liked lasagna and hated Mondays -- once.

I agree with you LOAF, but some of them are made slightly different... Like the one i posted a link to, this one, and this one. I don't know if i think they're funny because all the other were bad or because they are, though...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back