Just Joined Your Site

This was one of the blue screen shots I did for Privateer 2 the Darkening. Clive talking to his doctor. With compositing, depth of field and animation this turned out well.

Filmed at Pinewood studios near London.

Hosblue1.jpg

Hosblue.jpg

I just rewatched that scene after landing on Crius again for the first time lol. Pleasure seeing a "behind-the-scences" shot just after I saw the in-game movie.

This was one of the blue screen shots I did for Privateer 2 the Darkening. Clive talking to his doctor. With compositing, depth of field and animation this turned out well.

Filmed at Pinewood studios near London.

View attachment 6262

View attachment 6263

I had to rewatch this scene. I'm not sure I really noticed the ship taking off before. I love this kind of behind the scenes stuff! Also, the videos in the P2 game are pretty low res. I'd love to get ahold of the original tapes you guys mastered this stuff on... Then we could make a high res P2 patch.

I had to rewatch this scene. I'm not sure I really noticed the ship taking off before. I love this kind of behind the scenes stuff! Also, the videos in the P2 game are pretty low res. I'd love to get ahold of the original tapes you guys mastered this stuff on... Then we could make a high res P2 patch.

The Devil is in the detail AD.

I've never seen that stuff either.

I don't think I have any other old stuff to show. I only had art I worked on at home. Work I did to catch up with deadlines. I worked 24 / 7 back then.

Soon you guys will see my new stuff! Then you will be talking. Watch this space.

Here's a question: the opening sequence of P2 (the one where the Canera crashes into the spaceport on Crius), you wouldn't happen to have a digital version of that laying around anywhere, would you (or perhaps you know somebody who does)?

Here's a question: the opening sequence of P2 (the one where the Canera crashes into the spaceport on Crius), you wouldn't happen to have a digital version of that laying around anywhere, would you (or perhaps you know somebody who does)?
Sorry, most of the stuff I posted on this forum was found on the web. I only had a few images of work I did at home. I have nothing else to show of the good old days.

That said, there is something wonderful coming next. You guys will love it.

We need more details on this top secret project!
Not even a hint?
I really loved the original WC, big fan of games back in those days.

We need more details on this top secret project!
Not even a hint?
I really loved the original WC, big fan of games back in those days.

Welcome to the CIC :) You might be pleased to know you can legally download and replay the original WC from this very site.

Sorry, most of the stuff I posted on this forum was found on the web. I only had a few images of work I did at home. I have nothing else to show of the good old days.

That said, there is something wonderful coming next. You guys will love it.

Most intriguing, do keep us in the loop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would buy another WC type game, all I've found close are a couple of free-to-play games available on Steam.

I would buy another WC type game, all I've found close are a couple of free-to-play games available on Steam.

Me too, it's a shame no similar games can give the same experience. The ones on steam just don't do it for me.

You guys are aware of the forthcoming behemoth of a game from Chris Roberts right? :) Probably a stupid question, but soon, you'll want for a Wing Commander style game no more!

You guys are aware of the forthcoming behemoth of a game from Chris Roberts right? :) Probably a stupid question, but soon, you'll want for a Wing Commander style game no more!
I remember making Privateer 2 the Darkening around the same time as Wing Commander 3 and the Wing Commander movie was being made. Was that a mistake and did we fail? This has no relation to the "Top Secret Project", but worth a thought.

I remember making Privateer 2 the Darkening around the same time as Wing Commander 3 and the Wing Commander movie was being made. Was that a mistake and did we fail? This has no relation to the "Top Secret Project", but worth a thought.

You certainly didn't fail, I can't comment on whether or not it was a mistake to release the title around the same time as WC3 as I don't know anything about P2's sales figures. What I will say is that it's a terrific game and a worthy addition to the series (even if not a Wing Commander game by title) - some of us were perhaps disappointed that Privateer 2 wasn't a follow-on to events in the Gemini sector in P1 (and generally didn't have much to do with the Wing Commander Universe) - but it wasn't a failure, I think what the guys above are saying is that they want a brand new Wing Commander style game.

Back