Just got WC privateer and have no idea what to do

Originally posted by dacis2
seriously! i don't know!

The most important thing in Privateer, and tattoo this on the insides of your eyelids, is:

"A fully loaded Tarsus is better than a bare bones Centurion."

In fact, a fully-loaded Tarsus is better than anything but a fully-loaded Centurion. Forget the tractor beam until you've got a ship with a turret (either an Orion or a Centurion, I never got the hang of piloting a Galaxy).

The first three things you want to do:

1) Get an afterburner. You really, really, REALLY want an afterburner.

2) Upgrade your guns first to meson guns, then to tachyon cannons. These guns have a better power-to-damage curve than just about anything else in the game. I'm not kidding.

3) Get tungsten armor and keep it. Tungsten armor is more than worth the extra cost on plassteel. You WILL thank me for this.

After that, wait until your Tarsus is well-equipped and you are comfortable behind the controls before you start taking interstellar jobs, or you'll be dead before you know it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got WC privateer and have no idea what to do

Originally posted by pendell

Sigh ... I have no problem with killing Kilrathi, since they are our enemies, and if I leave them alone they'll simply kill other people. Same with pirates and Retros, whom I consider the "common enemy of mankind, to be dealt with as wolves are". Nor do I have a problem defending myself against ANYBODY, since I have the right to self defense.

Where I draw the line is whacking some ordinary person for cash. Someone who is not an enemy, but simply crossed some rich guy who wants to see him dead. Let said rich guy hire someone else, I say. Such a killing is not justifiable by the laws of war or by any other moral code, and I will not participate in it.

So, if the rich guy says "There's a pirate who's been killing my people. Get rid of him." I'll say "Download the coordinates. Your problem is solved." But if the rich guy says "This guy screwed me on a drug deal. Kill him." I'll say "Not my problem. Get yourself a goon or do it yourself, I'm no murderer."

Thus, my character is a merchant, a smuggler and a sword-for-hire, but is not a murderer. Not all homicide is murder. I refer you to the Uniform Code of Military Justice if you have further difficulty distinguishing the two.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

The only plot missions that I have problems with are the Tayla and Lynch series early in the plot. Once those are done (and I do *so* enjoy giving Miggs an ImRec enema), the rest of the plot is just fine with me.

Back