Just a quick question...

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
I have been rereading FA (actually I'm at the BoS and I just started sunday) and was thinking about one of the weapons used by confed forces. The dumb fire flechette missiles. I was curious if such a weapon was possible in SO, not that I'm asking you to add it (please nothing more to delay the next eps!) I'm just curious if it is possible. It's one of those interesting novel weapons that would be nice to see (although the coneburst is quite similar just using a different round). The Tracker MIRV always reminded me of the anti-radar muntions used in ER that could locate and destroy radar sites.

Thanks for answering...

its actually very easy to make a dumbfire flechette type weapon with WCPedit. open it up, go to the missiles tab, select the missile you wanna change (I chose Dart dumbfire), check the box next to 'Split Up', choose the time (I used 2000 ms), how many missiles you want it to split up into and the type of missile you want it to split into (I used 6 Dragonfly missiles).

it works pretty well against those stingray clusters and barracuda corvettes :)

Yes, we could probably add a weapon like that without any problems. The Mace used in Standoff is actually a missile that splits into a lot of invisible sub-missiles.

Dundradal said:
I have been rereading FA (actually I'm at the BoS and I just started sunday) and was thinking about one of the weapons used by confed forces. The dumb fire flechette missiles. I was curious if such a weapon was possible in SO, not that I'm asking you to add it (please nothing more to delay the next eps!) I'm just curious if it is possible. It's one of those interesting novel weapons that would be nice to see (although the coneburst is quite similar just using a different round). The Tracker MIRV always reminded me of the anti-radar muntions used in ER that could locate and destroy radar sites.

Thanks for answering...
I think that this will go nicely with my strategy of ramming enemy fighters constantly!:D

Eder said:
Yes, we could probably add a weapon like that without any problems. The Mace used in Standoff is actually a missile that splits into a lot of invisible sub-missiles.

Will probably come in handy in the coming battles...

Back