Joysticks

Thymerlord

Rear Admiral
I know this subject was done a while ago but I was wondering something. Has anyone tried the Top Gun afterburner joystick or the X45 digital joystick and throttle ? I've wanting to get a joystick/throttle combo but I don't want to waste my money again(Saitek ST50).

Unless you're really hardcore, the MS Sidewinder Precision is pretty close to perfect.

But of those two you mentioned, I've never heard of the X45, so I'd have to go with the Top Gun.

I don't know about those two, but I have a Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback II and I can't ask for anything more besides a real custombuilt WC cockpit.

Originally posted by Unforgiven
(...) I can't ask for anything more besides a real custombuilt WC cockpit.
Maybe you can still get the real-size shuttle Chris Roberts had built for filming Wing Commander IV... :D

The X45 is an excellent joystick. I sell them at work, and we cant keep them in stock. the only thing it *doesnt* have is FF.

Originally posted by mpanty

Maybe you can still get the real-size shuttle Chris Roberts had built for filming Wing Commander IV... :D
Where can I buy it?!?!?!?
*looks in wallet*
Uhm... never mind...

Originally posted by Zor Prime
The X45 is an excellent joystick. I sell them at work, and we cant keep them in stock. the only thing it *doesnt* have is FF.
Thanks Zor I noticed down here they fly off the shelf as well but i have my money saved and I am patiently waiting.

Did I mention I got my Joystick for free as a gift from Microsoft?
No I didn't, because I didn't think you'd want to know.
:p

Did I mention I've owned eight joysticks (not counting control pads for console games) in my lifetime. Now I have. :p

Three that I used on my old C-64, and five that I've used on PC's. The C-64's were just crappy. That and Summer Games was hard on a joystick.

However, I have a network at home, so when I want to play networkable flight sims at home, I need more than one joystick, since unlike Quarto, I can't fly with a mouse. To paraphrase Unforgiven, not that most of you care. :)

ive got a st110, a logic 3 pcinvader, and a thrustmaster afterburner, the afterburner is the best of the 3, but id prefer the x36f, the 45 isnt as cool. and its more

altho that new thrustmaster looks good :D

Originally posted by Madman
ive got a st110, a logic 3 pcinvader, and a thrustmaster afterburner, the afterburner is the best of the 3, but id prefer the x36f, the 45 isnt as cool. and its more

altho that new thrustmaster looks good :D

To be sure, the X36 definitely ROCKS.!

(Only thing I don't like about it is that the "rudder" was placed on the throttle kinda awkwardly: Even with my size 8.5 hands, it 's difficult to reach 'cuz they put it too far to the underside of/too far laterally of the body of the thing...

Back