Joystick issues

Hobbie

Spaceman
Alright, my joystick has decided not to work all of a sudden. I think the problem may be with my computer or sound card. When I went to the calibration utility in Windows (I have 95), it went right through the calibration as if auto-fire is on. I have tried three joysticks and none work. If I used a 4 button stick, on the test screen buttons 3 and 4 flash constantly. Now, my joystick always shows up as not connected on the gaming options screen. I am wondering how to fix this so I can use a joystick in my WC games again. I also have a USB port, but I am not sure if that is compatible with Win95 cause every joystick with a USB I have looked at says "requires Win98 or better". Well, any help is greatly appreciated. I have tried reinstalling the sound card, reinstalling just the joystick hardware part under Device Managers, and just about everything I can think of.

Hmmm, that didn't change anything. What was it supposed to do? Still need help. Oh, and I found something else that is wrong- when I go to device managers it always says "new hardware found" and installs a new thing under sound card but this thing doesn't work cause it has the little yellow flag beside it. If I delete it, then it just reinstalls itself again.

[Edited by Hobbie on 07-30-2001 at 10:55]

Microsoft Windows Installer, controls how things are install in windows.

It's sounds like your PC is having a nerves break down. :) I would either contact the people built your PC, go to a newsgroup for your machine, motherboard and windows or just re-install windows.

Well, I was thinking about going in and seeing if my sound card is messed up and just completely reinstalling the damn thing. I really think that is the problem. I also might take it to a computer shop- is that worth it?

Yes, you can try re-install your sound card. If you are not comfortable trouble shooting your PC then going to a repair shop may be the best thing to do. Make sure you backup your Data before you do anything!

[Edited by Johnl12 on 07-30-2001 at 14:51]

Back