Jazz's death cutscene

Fellentos

Spaceman
I tried finding the WC2:SO2 cutscene where Jazz dies but I can't find it.

I never played SO2, only SO1 so I have never gotten the satisfaction of seeing Jazz burn for his traitorous deeds. No more "Meastro!" talk from him, man did that annoy the hell out of me.

Since there are so many Jazz haters here I thought somebody must have had some avi with him dieing around :)

Fellentos said:
I tried finding the WC2:SO2 cutscene where Jazz dies but I can't find it.

I never played SO2, only SO1 so I have never gotten the satisfaction of seeing Jazz burn for his traitorous deeds. No more "Meastro!" talk from him, man did that annoy the hell out of me.

Since there are so many Jazz haters here I thought somebody must have had some avi with him dieing around :)

I don't recall there being a cutscene in SO2 where Jazz dies - you shoot him down in a dogfight.

There is a scene of him attempting to bail out of his Morningstar, just before it explodes (and incinerates him in the process), leaving just the helmet that floats by with the credits. It happens just after his "Damn you, Captain, damn you to hell..." death message when you shoot him down.

i still say they should have executed jazz in a fitting way - dropping his own piano on him.

then he would have been, of course, A Flat Major.

Har Har Har. This Reminds me of SO1. How in the heck does maniac catch up to you after his Jumpdrive fails? And did they ever discover why they failed?

-Rance-

The Morningstar was a prototype at the time and, in the testing stages, weird problems can happen. They probably figured it out and fixed it for mass production.

Was the Morningstar ever actually mass produced? Certainly, we never see any sign of it beyond the SO missions.

Personally, I always found that storyline to be one of the less well-written pieces of Wing Commander history. As figher jocks, they should have been used to the idea of carrying nuclear ordinance. There certainly isn't anything "scary" about it, unless some yahoo tacked a gun type device under your belly. (If they did, whoever thought up that one should be hanged. Do they have ANY idea of how dangerous a gun-type nuke is on the belly of an aircraft?!? A little bit of turbulence could easily set the damn thing off!) It gets even weirder if you compare it to later Wing Commanders where anti-matter ordinance is considered the norm.

Academy hat it as well which is later in the timeline, isn't it? Of course it would only be a sim ship. However training on such a ship would suggest they did plan to use it after all...

Bandit LOAF said:
His transport was captured by Mandarins.

I always found the Mandarin concept pretty unlikely. Betraying your own race in order to change the Kilrathi culture from within? Well, they obviously have no idea what the cats would do if they got our paws on us.

Fruitcake said:
I always found the Mandarin concept pretty unlikely. Betraying your own race in order to change the Kilrathi culture from within? Well, they obviously have no idea what the cats would do if they got our paws on us.

Well, to be fair, there were a lot of people who were kinda like them so far as the Kilrathi went - thinking the cats were merely humans in fur suits, and thus they'd think the same way we do. Remember Fleet Action or False Colors? They never got the 'we're predators, we don't respect your culture or your ideas' bit the Kilrathi warrior class tended to embody.

Har Har Har. This Reminds me of SO1. How in the heck does maniac catch up to you after his Jumpdrive fails?

Presumably Paladin picked him up, or the Concordia dispatched a SAR plane.

Was the Morningstar ever actually mass produced? Certainly, we never see any sign of it beyond the SO missions.

The Academy manual claims that circa-2668 (after SO2) they are 'the current state-of-the-are capital ship destroyer'.

There's people who oppose any war, regardless of how the rest of us see it.

Bandit LOAF said:

If you watch mankind there are always people to oppose anything, not just war. The group that is trying to end the conflict by betraying it's own people is not a far cry from reality at all, as any historian will tell you. Benedict Arnold anyone? Though comparing real history to a game is somewhat silly, I just wanted to point out that WC rarely is unrealistic in it's treatment of telling a war epic, all the great believable elemnents are there.

-Rance-

Bandit LOAF said:

Like me in the case of Wing Commander :D
Mandarins like the Kilrathi as superior species as I like them.
But I know, in the presumed logic in WC, it's of course something stupid to defect for an enemy who will annihilate you at the end of the conflict.

It's long ago, therefore I know too little about the Mandarins in WC. They aren't only restricted to Chinese nationality, or I'm wrong? It was a word actually originated from the Portuguese language (mandarim and from Sanskrit mantrin, thanks to wikipedia). It stands for an old standardized dialect, for an imperial Chinese bureaucrat and philosopher. It seems the etymological researched counterparts weren't such stupid people as the name sakes showed in WC.

Back